Recently Google announced that along with Galaxy S4 they are going to launch HTC One running stock Android (AOSP). This is great news. It will be free of preinstalled company apps and other bloatware plus it will be cheaper than normal HTC One.
Now here is great news for those who have HTC One with stock HTC Sense software but want to take its performance to higher level and enjoy stock AOSP. Cyanogenmod based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is now available for HTC One.
Along with pure AOSP experience Cyanogenmod offers you various other great customizations plus it is pre-rooted. Cyanogenmod is very much faster and smoother.
Now a nightly build of CM 10.1 is available for HTC One. You can manually flash and enjoy all its feature. Just keep in mind that being a nightly build it may have some minor bugs in it. But dont worry developers are there to fix them. So soon the will get fixed.
Article given below will explain you how to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on your HTC One.
Disclaimer:The tutorial written below is considered as little risky and can cause damage to your mobile if not properly followed. It is recommended that you should not go for it if you are unaware of all these facts. Follow all the steps properly at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This procedure to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 is strictly applicable for HTC One only. Dont try to flash it on any other mobile or variant otherwise phone may get damaged permanently.
- Dont forget to charge our mobile at least up to 75% so that installation will proceed without any interruption.
- Since all the data on mobile gets wiped during the process, it is better to take a backup of important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory.
- Make sure that you have already installed custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on mobile. Without this recovery you cannot flash ROM on the mobile.
- Here is the procedure to install TWRP recovery on HTC One and here is link for CWM Recovery.
Procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on HTC One:
- Download zip file of ROM from the source page. Also download kernel image from the same.
- Since Google Apps are not pre-installed in the ROM, you have to separately download and flash them.
- Download Google Apps
- Connect your mobile to computer through USB cable. Ensure that you have enabled USB debugging on. Copy both files to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- Disconnect mobile from PC and Turn it off by long pressing power button.
- Now to flash ROM and Gapps you need to enter into recovery mode, HoldVolume Up& thePowerbutton. Hold all Buttons until the Screen flashes, then release thePowerbutton. You will land into recovery mode.
- Take a nandroid backup of current system. You might need it if something goes wrong. For that select backup & restore and then backup. This backup will be saved in external memory (This step is not compulsory.)
- Now wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data and caches respectively on the phone.
- Next step is flashing of ROM. To do so select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Chose Cyanogenmod 10.1 file for installation.
- This will take few minutes for installation.
- Repeat the step of install zip from sdcard and chose zip from sdcard. But this time chose Gapps Package.
- After successful flashing of both the files, select Go back and then reboot system now. First start may take some more time than your usual restart.
- For this ROM please don,t restore your data with Titanium Backup. Restoring Apps + Data may cause problems and is not recommended so avoid it if possible.
Upgreading from Earlier version of CM 10.1:
- Just copy ROM file and Gapps file to SD card and flash the through recovery. No need to do wipe data and wipe cache.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.
You did it!! You have successfully installed Cyanogenmod 10.1 on your HTC One. Now you can enjoy he pure AOSP experience. Dont forget to share your views about the ROM through comments and ask any doubts if you have. We will definitely help you out.