If you want to install custom ROMs & other hacks on your phone, there is only one solution need to do. You have to install custom recovery in order to enjoy custom builds and as we all know there is none other famous custom recovery than Clockworkmod. To start installing custom ROMs, flash this recovery on your HTC One V & get instant benefits of installing custom builds.
Are you ready to flash it ? Then Follow each & every step mentioned in this particular article on how to install custom recovery (Clockworkmod) on HTC One V..
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Essential Precautions To be Taken Before Installing Custom Clockworkmod Recovery :
- It is highly recommended that you should charge your device upto 60% battery level.
- As all the data on the mobile gets wiped during installation of ROM, you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory. Just follow guides given below to do a complete backup.
- How to Backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS / MMS).
- How to Backup whole ROM / Firmware via Clockworkmod (CWM) Recovery
- Your device must have unlocked bootloader without which you can not install CWM Recovery on your phone. If youve not unlocked bootloader of your phone, follow the procedure mentioned below.
Procedure to unlock bootloader of HTC One V
By assuming that youve followed all the steps mentioned above, you are now ready to proceed with the further article of installing CWM.
Procedure To Install Custom Clockworkmod Recovery on HTC One V :
- Firstly you need to download these two files which are mentioned below:
- HTC Sync Software.
- Fastboot Files For HTC One V. | 404.46 KB
- Clockworkmod Recovery [GSM/PrimoU]
- Clockworkmod Recovery [CDMA/PrimoC]
- Install the HTC Sync Software on your PC (It will automatically install all essential drivers for your device).
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now You need to enter into the bootloader mode. For entering into bootloader mode, Switch Off your Phone first.
- Hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- Select Fastboot using Power Button. (Use Volume Up/Down to go up/down & Power Button to select highlighted option).
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the ‘Fastboot‘ folder (Which you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see ‘Open Command window here‘ option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices (After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesn’t appear then you need to install HTC Sync software to install essential drivers for your One V).
- Transfer/Copy the recovery.img (3rd download) file to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom clockworkmod recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, You’ll get finished/OKAY message on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type “fastboot reboot” command in the same command prompt windows.
- You’ve now successfully flashed/installed custom clockworkmod recovery on your HTC One V. To enter into clockworkmod recovery, do the following steps :
- Enter into the bootloader mode. To enter into bootloader mode, Hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- In bootloader mode, Highlight recovery by using Volume Keys & Enter into the clockworkmod recovery by using Power Key. You’ll be landed into custom Clockworkmod Recovery.
Congratulations ! You’ve successfully installed custom CWM Recovery. Now you can flash any custom ROMs & other hacks that requires CWM. If you need any help while flashing custom recovery, comment it below. We will be there to help you as soon as possible..