HTC is best known for their amazing user interface called HTC Sense and excellent hardware. Since the beginning they have brought some best Android phones in the market. Last year they unleashed their all new One series with on board Ice Cream Sandwich which was latest at that time. The series turned out to be great success for HTC.
Being top end phone from this series, HTC One X was also flagship device for HTC at that time. The device got treat of Jelly Bean 4.1.1 from HTC officially, but updates based on Android 4.2 (upgraded version of Jelly Bean) are yet to be given. Further some more time may be required to push the official firmwares as it undergoes several stability and performance tests.
You can always rely on custom ROMs and they will never disappoint you. Several ROMs based on Jelly Bean 4.2 are out there for the device. But before going for custom ROMs you must have custom Recovery installed on your phone. It not only facilitates you to install custom ROMs but also gives several features including backup and restore ROMs, wipe data, fix permissions etc. And you are few steps away from installing custom recovery called Clockworkmod Recovery on your phone. Given below is procedure to install Clockworkmod Recovery on HTC One X.
Disclaimer: Procedure mentioned in the given article is considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Please follow this steps completely at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Attention!Steps involved in this article are meant only for HTC One X. Trying this on any other device may result in undesirable outcomes.
- Your phone must be charged at least up to 70% battery level.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- You must have unlocked bootloader of your device.
- You must have mobile drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t have them download HTC Sync Software to install them.
Procedure to Install Custom (CWM) Recovery nn HTC One X:
- First download image file of recovery from link given below.
- Touch Clockworkmod Recovery 188.8.131.52 for HTC One X.
- You will also require fastboot files. Here is the link is to download fastboot files for your device.
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now You need to enter into the bootloader mode. For entering into bootloader mode, turn off your phone first.
- Hold Volume Down+Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- Select Fastboot using Power Button from the list of options shown in bootloader. (Use Volume Up / Down to go up/down & Power Button to select highlighted option).
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the Fastboot folder (Which youve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder. When right clicked (holding shift), youll see Open Command window here option. Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt : fastboot devices (After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt. This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesnt appear then you need to install HTC Sync software to install essential drivers for your One X).
- Transfer/Copy the downloaded image file of recovery to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom CWM recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-endeavoru.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, You’ll get finished/OKAY message on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type fastboot reboot command in the same command prompt window.
- You’ve now successfully flashed/installed custom CWM recovery on your HTC One X. To enter into Clockworkmod recovery, do the following steps :
- Enter into the bootloader mode. To enter into bootloader mode, Hold Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- In bootloader mode, Highlight recovery by using Volume Keys & Enter into the Clockworkmod recovery by usingPower Key. You’ll be landed into custom CWM Recovery.
Great work!! You have successfully installed Clockworkmod recovery on your HTC One X. Now you can flash latest custom ROMs and other hacks using the same. Do report us how it is working for you. If you have got any doubts feel free to ask them through comments. We are glad to help you.