Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is a recently launched smartphone & is the successor of the huge hit Galaxy Grand. With its average specifications Galaxy Grand did manage to make an impact on the mid range android market. And Grand 2 its successor has much more improvements from the short comings of its predecessor. It is better in every way to get the attention of those who like their phones with big screens and decent price tags. There are vast improvements in the design of this device. It has the faux stitched leather at the back same like galaxy note 3. Other than that it is powered by a quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 SoC along with Adreno 305. So in this article we’ll discuss on how to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUANB3 Official firmware on Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 smartphone. Remember that this is a stock ROM so you can flash this whenever you want to restore the warranty or restore the default system on your mobile. The basic firmware info is given below. Check it out.
Version: Android 4.3
Product Code: INU
Disclaimer: We will not hold any kind of responsibility if your phone gets bricked by implementing the steps given in this article. For the newbie who is completely unaware of all these things, we request you to stop right at this point. Please follow everything at your own risk & without any single mistake.
This Android 4.3 firmware is only compatible for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 bearing model number SM-G7102. Implementing this guide on any other device than the mentioned may give you undesired results. So it would always be better to confirm your device’s model number before proceeding further. You can check the same from: Home Screen –> Menu –> Settings –> About device.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 70% so that it won’t get turn off during the flashing process. For improving your battery life, follow this guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. to external memory card since it gets wiped in the last step of procedure. You may refer the articles given below:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- How to backup Notes and Memos for an Android device.
- Make sure that you have installed Samsung Device Drivers on your computer before proceeding further. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies.
- Security related software like Antivirus can interrupt the flashing process. So its better to disable them temporary.
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.09 from the link given below:
- Click here to download.
- Download Android 4.3 XXUABN3 firmware from the link given below:
- Click here to download.
- After completely downloading both the files, extract the same in a specific folder.
- Now switch off your device & boot into download mode. For doing same, press and hold Volume down + Home button + Power key simultaneously until you see a warning message. Simply press volume up button to continue. This will land you into downloading mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader v3.09 tool that you’ve downloaded earlier. Keeping the phone in downloading mode connect it to computer.
- If your phone connects successfully then you’ll see that the ID:COM section on the top left of Odin Window has turned blue with a random COM port number appeared within it. Also, you’ll see “Added” text appeared in message box. In case your ID:COM box doesn’t turn to blue then you’ll need to install Samsung drivers.
- On the Odin window, tick the PDA tab and locate the .tar file that you’ve downloaded earlier. Keep the rest of the settings as they are.
- Finally, hit the Start button to initiate the actual firmware flashing process. When flashing process gets over, Odin will show the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
- Note: If your phone gets stuck or if you get a Fail message then just close the Odin window, disconnect phone from PC, remove battery and re-insert it. Now, follow the same procedure again.
- You may safely remove the USB cable only after the Odin shows Pass message.
- Switch off your phone again and boot into recovery mode. For doing the same, press and hold Volume up + Home button + Power key simultaneously. You may release them when the Galaxy Grand 2 logo appears.
- You’ll notice that touch won’t work here, so you will need to use Volume up /down & power key for navigation & selection respectively.
- Select wipe data/factory reset option by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with wipe Cache partition option (optional).
- Now you may restart the phone by selecting the reboot system now option. The first boot will take more time to start than usual.
Great work! You’ve successfully flashed XXUANB3 firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7102 smartphone. To verify this you can check in Home->Settings->About Phone. Let us know how it’s working for you. If you face any difficulty while performing the steps mentioned in this article then report us through the comments section below, we’ll come up with a best solution for the same. Enjoy!