Galaxy Ace Plus, the well known smartphone unfortunately didn’t get any official updates from Samsung after Gingerbread. So it was obvious that users of Ace Plus to rely on un-official custom ROMs. This was the only way to experience those new and advanced features.
After Cyanogenmod 10.1, the android development communities have taken a lot of time to release their next update. Ever since Google launched Nexus 5 with their latest Android 4.4 KitKat update, many ace plus users were eagerly waiting for this fresh update on their handset. Fortunately the third party developers have succeeded in developing a ROM named Speed Mod running on the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat for this device. You can enjoy & experience all the KitKat flavored features with this one. Some of the tweaks & change logs are given below. Check them out.
- Ram Tweaks.
- Dalvik Tweaks.
- R/W SDCard Tweaks.
- GPS Tweaks.
- 2G and 3G Tweaks.
- Host update.
- Speed Mod Tweaks.
- Games booster Tweaks.
- Build.prop tweak.
- Zram 128 compress.
- Unnecessary apk deleted.
- Updated translation.
- Tested ART Runtime work.
- Mount SD fixed.
- Screenshot fixed.
- Stock gallery replaced with Nexus 5 gallery.
- Added Real Player.
- Added Next Browser.
- Added boot animation.
- Added Hangout.
You must note that this ROM is in working stage and hence have few bugs related to fm radio and camera. But with further updates they will surely get fixed. You may follow our article given below for updating your Galaxy Ace Plus to Android 4.4.2 via Speed Mod ROM.
Disclaimer: Try this at your own risk. We are not at all responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still we highly recommend you to follow all the instructions carefully as they are mentioned below.
Download links and steps given in this article work only with Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S7500. Don’t try to flash it on any other Android device, it may damage your phone. If you are not sure about the model number then check it from ‘Settings –> About Phone’
How to Install Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Ace Plus GT-S7500
- Your device may get switched off during the flashing process due to low battery life. Hence it is strongly recommended to charge the battery of your mobile at least up to 75%.
- For improving your battery life, follow this guide:
- How to Improve Battery Life of an Android Device (Tips).
- Always remember to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. to external memory card or on your PC since it gets wiped in the last step of procedure.
- For backing up Contacts & Messages, use this article:
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS/MMS).
- For backing up Call logs, APNs & EFS folder, use this article:
- How to backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP is mandatory for SpeedMod ROM installation. If you don’t know what that means or haven’t installed any of the two yet then refer ‘TWRP Recovery Installation’ section below.
TWRP Recovery Installation
- Download Odin & TWRP Recovery for Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 from the links given below.
- Odin3 v1.85
- TWRP Recovery
- In order to flash the recovery, you need to boot your device in Download mode. For doing the same, switch off the phone and then press & hold Volume down + Home button + Power key till ‘downloading..’. text appears on a screen.
- Using a USB cable, connect your phone to PC.
- On PC, open Odin & tick against PDA option in that.
- Click on PDA button and choose ‘twrp-build-3-06052013-trebon.tar.md5’ file.
- Press Start button to flash TWRP recovery.
Procedure to Flash SpeedMod ROM using TWRP Recovery
- From Downloads section above, download ROM and GApps package on PC.
- Connect your phone to computer and copy both files on external storage memory (sdcard).
- Disconnect the phone and boot into recovery mode. To do so, switch off the phone at first. Then press Volume up + Volume down + Home button together and by holding the three, press Power key. Keep holding all four buttons to you get into TWRP Recovery.
- In recovery, select ‘backup’. On next screen, tick all available options (like EFS, system, data…) and use ‘Swipe to backup’ option to start the backup process. This will create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM / Firmware.
- Now select ‘Wipe’ option from main menu and on next page, use ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ option to wipe the data.
- In order to install the ROM, select ‘Install’ from recovery menu. Now navigate to ROM file on sdcard & select it. Wait! Don’t use the Swipe button yet. Select ‘Add More Zips’ option instead and then select Google Apps package. Finally use ‘Swipe to Confirm Flash’ button to start ROM & GApps flashing process.
- As soon as ROM installation gets complete, select ‘Reboot System’ to restart the phone. First boot may take some time (say up to 4-5 minutes). So be patient!
Well Done! You’ve successfully flashed Android 4.4.2 KitKat based SpeedMod ROM on your Galaxy Ace Plus S7500. Now there is one question we want to ask you – Do you think if it’s safe to use this ROM for daily usage? Let us know your opinions.
Keep checking source page for latest ROM updates. If you face any difficulty while performing the steps given above then don’t hesitate to tell us. We’ll surely help you out. You can use our comment section for the same.
Source: XDA Forum