Instagram is one of the most famous social networking sites mainly used for sharing photos or videos. For that you need to install instagram app on your mobile. This facebook owned site can be linked with Twitter or Facebook.
But this social networking site does not support downloading of photos or videos shared by our friends. Don’t worry there is remedy for it. You can install Instagram Downloader module developed by MohammadAG on your Android mobile. This will enable download option in instagram app. And this media is stored in the Instagram folder.
- Your mobile must have root access.
- Xposed framework should be installed on it.
- This module support all the devices running on Android 4.0 ICS or above. It Doesn’t support devices running on Gingerbread.
- Instagram should be installed on your mobile. (Of course)
- First of all download latest version of Xposed framework and install it on your mobile if you are not having it. You may refer this article for help.
- Xposed Framework for Android
- Download Instagram Downloader app for your mobile from official development page.
- Instagram Downloader [Xposed]
- Install downloaded com.mohammadag.xposedinstagramdownloader_v18_3e9de3.apk file as a normal apk file.
- After successful installation of file, open Xposed Installer and select modules option.
- The list of installed modules will appear in front of you. Tick against Instagam downloader module. And then reboot (restart) your device to activate module and apply changes.
- After rebooting device, all the changes will get applied. Now open Instagram app. Click on (…) option near any image or video. You will see download option. (See right bottom corner of below image.)
- By selecting this option the respective photo or video will be downloaded in Downloades/instagram folder.
Note: If you have installed Instagram Downloader v1.8.6, then make sure that you have Instagram v5.7 installed on your mobile. It does not support older versions of Instagram. You can check app versions in setting -> application manager and then select the app.