Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROM – Cyanogenmod 10 is ported for AT&T HTC One X. Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer h8rift who has put all his efforts to bring it up. Jelly Bean comes with a lot of features like buttery smooth interface, Google Now, Offline voice typing, smarter keyboard, actionable notifications & much more. All those features can be experienced on your AT&T One X using Cyanogenmod 10.
As of now, CM10 ROM hasn’t reached up to the stable release therefore, you can expect some bugs. According to developer, there are the things which are not fully functional yet (not working) & which includes – video camera, rotating videos (cause system to crash), GPS etc. But don’t worry, all these bugs will be fixed as development goes on.
List of working things (Quoted on Official development page) :
- Camera *NEW*
- Panorama Camera *NEW*
- SIM Unlock Message removed *NEW*
- Handset/Speakerphone volume fixed *NEW*
- USB Tethering
- In-Call Echo appears to be gone.
- Wired Headset works.
- Bluetooth Audio
- Bluetooth Tethering
- Notification LED
- Wifi Hotspot
- Raised in-call volume for phone calls on earpiece
- Microphone in Calls
- Voice / Data
- NFC / Android Beam
- App Switch button = Menu
- Proximity sensor
Follow the steps given below to update AT&T HTC One X to Android 4.1.1 Jellybean via Cyanogenmod 10 custom ROM.
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that, the guide mentioned here is only applicable for AT&T HTC One X. DON’T try it on HTC One X (International variant)/ Rogers One X or any other device, it can cause damage to your phone.
Procedure to Update AT&T HTC One X to Jelly Bean 4.1 (CM10):
- Before proceeding to the actual installation procedure, ensure that you have unlocked the bootloader of your device & have custom recovery like Clockworkmod installed on the same.
- Download latest Cyanogenmod 10 package file from the official development page (link is mentioned below) :
- CM10 for AT&T HTC One X.
- (Optional) Download Google Add-on Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) which are not present in ROM by default.
Google Apps (Jelly Bean).
- After downloading CM10 package, connect your device to PC. Enable mass storage mode on it. Now transfer CM10 package & Google Apps to your device’s internal SD card.
- Now disconnect the phone from computer. Boot in recovery mode. To do so, switch off the device completely, press & hold Volume Down button + Power key. You’ll be landed in bootloader mode. Now highlight recovery option using volume up/down keys & select it using power button.
- Take a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back (in case if anything goes wrong). To backup your current ROM, select Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & on next screen, select backup. Now It will make a nandroid backup of your whole system (excluding SD card). Wait for the backup process to get finished. (You can restore it back by selecting restore option).
- After successful backup, select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory respectively.
- Select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier) Select it & press on ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode again.
(Optional) The same procedure you have to do for installation of Google Apps. (Just don’t do the above step i.e, wiping data after installation of Gapps). After you finished installation of Gapps, press back button to go to main menu of CWM.
- Select reboot system now from the main menu to Restart the phone.
There you go !! You’ve successfully updated your AT&T One X to latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean via unofficial port of Cyanogenmod 10. Do let know how the Jelly bean is working for you..