It has been a long time since the release of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Many mobiles have already been updated with this OS. Unfortunately Samsung Galaxy S Plus won’t get any official update of Jelly Bean. But custom ROMs can fulfill your dream of installing Jelly Bean on your mobile.
Cyanogenmod, the most famous custom ROM, based on Jelly Bean, is now available for Galaxy S Plus. Thanks to senior XDA member ivendor for bringing out Cyanogenmod 10 for you. Smoother interface, Google one, Offline voice dictation, Ability to turn off notifications on an app specific basis etc. such features of Jelly Bean are present in this ROM. This official update has few bugs like Vsync and panaroma is not working properly. Otherwise everything is working properly.
In further article, procedure of installation of Cyanogenmod 10 on Samsung Galaxy S Plus is given. Read it carefully.
Disclaimer: The given article is considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. If you are not aware of all these things, it is recommended that you should not follow this article. Read article carefully at your own risk. Neither we nor developers are responsible for any damage caused to your mobile after implementing these steps.
The given article is strictly meant for Samsung Galaxy S Plus bearing model number I9001. Applying these steps to any other model or variant, might turn out into unwanted outcomes. Even permanent damage can cause to your mobile.
- Ensure that your mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that installation process will not be interrupted due to low battery power.
- It is highly recommended that you should take a backup of all your important data such as SMS, MMS, contacts, APN etc.to the external memory card since it gets wiped during installation.
- You must install your mobiles drivers on PC. If you have installed Kies on your computer then you dont need to install it separately.
- Most important thing is you must have installed Clockworkmod recovery on your mobile. Follow this article to install it on your mobile.
Procedure to install Cyanogenmod 10 on Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001:
- First download Cyanogenmod 10 for Samsung galaxy S Plus.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean. (Since ROM doesnt contain Google apps.)
- Click here to download.
- Connect your mobile to the computer via USB cable and turn on USB debugging mode. Copy both the files to the external memory card. Dont extract it.
- Now disconnect it from PC.
- Next you have to boot your mobile into recovery mode. To do so, first switch off your mobile then press and hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you land into CWM recovery. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- First you should take a backup of current system. For that select backup & restore option followed by backup. This will take a nandroid backup of current system.
Now select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition for wiping data & cache respectively from the phone memory.
- Next, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Navigate to Cyanogenmod file using volume keys. Confirm it by selecting yes in next step.
- The installation process will take few minutes. At the end of installation, you will again land into recovery mode.
- Now you have to install Gapps file on mobile. For that, again install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. This time chose Gapps file (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip). Select yes on next screen for confirmation.
- After successful installation, select +++++go back+++++ option, then reboot system now.
Thats it!! Your Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001 is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via official Cyanogenmod 10 custom ROM. Do let us know how it is working. You can freely share your views about this article.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.