The Android ROM developers are always toiling hard to bring out best for the users. Their ultimate aim is to serve the users with the custom ROMs based on Android OS that doesn’t support users’ device. Since Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which is released earlier, doesn’t support most of the devices, it is becoming developers’ first choice.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0,which recently received official Jelly Bean 4.1, has been waiting in queue for official Android 4.2 update. Don’t know how much time it will take to release. But one of the famous custom ROMs-Cyanogenmod has already rolled out a custom firmware, Cyanogenmod 10.1, based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
This Cyanogenmod 10.1 contains features from pure AOSP Jelly Bean 4.2 like new lock screen, photo sphere, gesture typing, miacast, multi user support for tablets etc. incorporated with trademark Cyanogenmod features. Elite recognized developer codeworkx form XDA developers has brought out this ROM for you. Since it is first build it might contain some bugs. Still you will get the feel of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Further reading of tutorial will help you to understand steps involved in flashing Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Disclaimer: The procedure given in the following article is considered as risky and may cause damage to your tablet. It is requested that you shouldnt follow this tutorial if you are not familiar with these things. Read this article at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage caused to your tablet.
The given tutorial is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 bearing model number P3100 and P3110.Dont try to implement it on any other model or variant. Otherwise you will get some unwanted results.
- Charge your tablet at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to lack of power.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since all the data gets wiped during installation.
- Most important thing is you must have installed custom recovery like CWM or TWRP recovery on your tablet. It is necessary condition for flashing the ROM. Follow this article to install it.
Process to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0:
- First download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Here are the downloading links.
- Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GSM) P3100
- Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Wi-Fi) P3110
- Also download Gapps package for Android Jelly bean 4.2. (Since the ROM does not contain Google Apps, you need to flash it separately.)
- Gapps for Jelly Bean.
- Copy both these file to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- Now switch off your tablet. Boot it into recovery mode. For that, press & hold volume up + power button simultaneously until you land into recovery mode. (You can release power button when mobile vibrates but keep pressing volume up button.)
- It is always better to have a backup of current working system. Take a nandroid backup of system. To do so, select backup & restore option followed by backup in next step. This will be saved in external memory.
- Select wipe data/factory reset to clear data from tablet memory and then select wipe cache partition to wipe cache from memory. (This wont wipe data from memory card.)
- For flashing the ROM select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Now select Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file for installation. Confirm it in next step.
- Installation process will take some time. At the end of installation you will land in recovery mode again.
- Repeat the same procedure i.e. install zip from sdcard then chose zip from sdcard. But this time select Gapps file for installation.
- After successful installation of both the files select +++++go back+++++ and reboot system now.
Great job!! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is now running on Jelly Bean 4.2.1 via Cyanogenmod 10.1. You can ask freely doubts about the article. We will try our level best to solve them.
Tip: If you want to uninstall this ROM and return back to the previous one, you can easily do it just by booting into the recovery mode. Select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.