Few days ago Google released much awaited Nexus 4 mobile. Along with this, latest version of Android 4.2 Jelly Bean also revealed. With its features like new lockscreen layout, 360 degrees panaroma app for camera (photo sphere), day dream, gesture typing etc. it is becoming favorite among people. High end devices like Note 2, Galaxy S3 have already received this update.
But due to hardware limitations Samsung Galaxy S wont get this update. Still you can get this Jelly Bean 4.2 via custom ROM. Cyanogenmod 10.1 is already available for Samsung Galaxy S. Since it is first build, it contains few bugs. Cyanogenmod team is working on this bugs. So very soon you will get stable version. By that time you can flash this ROM.
Just follow the few steps to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in the given article are considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not follow the given article if you are unaware of all these things. Carefully follow steps at your own risk. We or developers cannot be held responsible for any damage cause to your mobile.
The given article is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Implementation of this article to any other model or variant might give you undesired results. Even permanent damage can cause to your mobile.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that installation will proceed without any interruption.
- It is recommended to take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets vanished permanently during installation.
- You must install mobile drivers on PC. If you have installed kies on your PC then you dont need to install it separately.
- Most important thing is you must have installed custom recovery on your mobile. Without any custom recovery you cant flash custom ROM.
Procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy S I9000:
- First download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean (4.2)
- Click here to download.
- Now connect your mobile to PC. Enable USB debugging on. Copy both files to the external memory. Dont extract it.
- After finishing this disconnect your mobile from computer.
- Now switch off our mobile. Enter into CWM recovery mode. For that press & hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you boot into recovery mode.
- It is nice to have a backup of current working system. So take nandroid backup first. Select backup & restore option then backup. This will take a backup of current system to the external memory.
- Next, select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition. This will wipe data and cache partition from phone memory.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then chosoe zip from sdcard. Use volume keys for navigation. Select Cyanogenmod 10.1 file for installation. Confirm it by selecting yes in next step.
- It will take few minutes for flashing ROM. You will again land into CWM recovery menu.
- Repeat the step of install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. But this time select Gapps file.
- After successful installation of both files, select +++++go back+++++ option then reboot system now.
Yipee!! Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean via Cyanogenmod 10.1 is now running on your Samsung Galaxy S I9000. Do let us know how it is working. If you have any problems regarding process, ask us freely. We will try our best to solve them.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.