When Google released Android 4.2 Jelly Bean November, they also released two devices which runs on this OS. One is Nexus 4 mobile and the other one is Nexus 10 tablet. Nexus 10 tablet comes with dual-core processor with 10 inch screen. With this eye-catchy features, soon it becomes popular among the people as well as among the developers.
One of the giants in custom ROM, Cyanogenmod, has come with new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean ROM for some devices. And Nexus 10 tablet is one of these lucky devices to receive this Cyanogemod 10.1 custom ROM. With the features like gesture typing, photo sphere, offline voice typing etc. Jelly Bean 4.2 is already becoming a topic of discussion. With Cyanogenmod 10.1 you will get this features along with typical Cyanogenmod touch. As it is an official nightly version of CM 10.1 you might found few bugs in it which will be overcame very soon with the release of stable version.
In the further article, procedure about how install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Nexus 10 tablet is given.
Disclaimer: The given tutorial is considered as risky and may cause damage to your tablet. It is strongly recommended that you should not follow this tutorial if you dont know anything about this. Read the tutorial completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your tablet after attempting these steps.
Following procedure is only meant for Google Nexus 10 tablet P8110 (international variant). Do not implement it on any other model or variant.
- Charge your tablet at least up to 70% so that installation will proceed without any interruption due to low battery.
- Take a backup of all your important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets vanished permanently during installation of ROM.
- Most importantly, you must have installed Clockworkmod recovery on your tablet. It is required for flashing the ROM. If you haven’t installed it then follow this article.
Procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 (Jelly Bean 4.2) Nexus 10 tablet:
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for nexus 10.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean as it is not present it Cyanogenmod.
- Click here to download.
- Connect your tablet to PC and enable USB debugging on. Copy both the files to the external memory.
- Now switch off your tablet and boot into fastboot mode. For that, hold & press volume up + volume down + power button simultaneously until you see Start message on the screen.
- Select recovery mode option on screen by using power button. You will see CWM menu on the screen.
- It is suggested that you should take a nandroid backup of current system. So select backup & restore option and then backup. This backup will be saved in external memory.
- Next in recovery menu select wipe data/factory reset to wipe data and then select wipe cache partition to wipe cache partition from the phone memory.
- Next step is to flash the ROM. For that select install zip from sdcard followed chose zip from sdcard. Navigate to Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file. Select this file and confirm it in next step.
- It will take few minutes for installation of ROM. You will see recovery menu again.
- Follow the above step again i.e. select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. But this time select Gapps package zip file for installation.
- After successful flashing of both the files select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done! Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean is now running on your Nexus 10 tablet. If you have any problem regarding the procedure then tell us freely. We will try our level best to solve them.
Tip: If you dont like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.