When Google came up with Android OS, initially it was available for mobiles only. Later with the invention of tablets, they also revealed it for tablets and now it also runs on Galaxy Camera. With the grand success of tablets, Samsung decided to make a device which is a hybrid of tablet and smartphones.
So they came up with the idea of phablet. Later they launched first phablet named Galaxy Note. And after getting overwhelming response, they came up with Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and Note 2 LTE (N7105). In the begging Android development of LTE variant was little slow. But now it looks like it is getting some pace.
As a result a custom ROM called Cyanogenmod 10.1 is compiled for it. This CM10.1 is based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean. Samsung is likely to give official Android 4.2.1 update for Note 2 LTE. But it will take little time. By that time you can install it on your phablet and enjoy the features like daydream, photo sphere, gesture typing etc.
Follow few simple steps written ahead and install CM10.1 custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE.
Disclaimer: In the following article few steps are written that are risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is better that you should follow them if you are not aware of all these things. Read whole article completely and them attempt these steps at your risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile.
These article and Cyanogenmod 10.1 is meant only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105. Implementing it for any other mobile or variant might give you some undesired results.
- It is suggested that you should charge your phone at least up to 70% so that interruption will not be occurred due to low battery.
- Also take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card since all the data gets wiped during installation.
- One of the necessary things for installation of custom ROM is custom recovery. Install any custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) or TWRP on your mobile.
Procedure to install Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7105:
- First download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for Note 2 LTE.
Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean since Google apps are not present in custom ROM.
Click here to download.
- Connect your mobile to PC and enable mass storage mode. Copy both files to the external memory. Dont extract them.
- After copying both files, disconnect your phone from PC. Boot it into recovery mode.
- For that first switch off the device and then press volume up + home + power button simultaneously for long time until recovery mode pens.
- First take a nandroid backup of current system. It is done by selecting backup & restore option and then backup. This backup will be stored in the external memory. (This is not mandatory.)
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data and caches on the phone respectively.
- In next steps select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. Select Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file. Confirm it for installation by selecting yes in next step. This is actual flashing of ROM.
- This will take a bit time for installation. In the end you will land into recovery mode again.
- Repeat the above step of install zip from sdcard and then chose zip from sdcard for the gapps since they are not present custom ROM.
- After successful flashing of both the files, select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Well done!! Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE is now running on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean via CM10.1 custom ROM. Do share your reviews about the ROM. Ask your queries about the procedure. We will come up with solution as soon as possible.
Tip: In case you want to revert to previous ROM you can easily do it just by entering into Recovery mode. Then select the Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.