Though AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note i717 hasn’t got official Jelly Bean update yet, Cyanogenmod 10 has arrived for the same & it is ported by XDA senior memberJamieD81. We are very thankful to him since he has compiled CM10 ROM from the Cyanogenmod sources (Available at Github). Cyanogenmod 10 features smooth interface with Project butter, Google voice recognition helper called Google Now, smarter keyboard, improved notification alert system & much more. As of now the ROM is still under development & released in alpha stage. It means that at this stage, it is not fully functional & has lot of bugs contained in it. Of course those will be solved further as development goes on. Those who want to try this preview build on their Note, follow the steps mentioned below in this article.
List of Bugs Quoted on official development page :
-usb to pc *works via TWRP2 recovery, unsure about cwm*.
-adb *works in recovery but not when phone is booted*
-yoututbe may cause soft reboot. *STOP ASKING ABOUT IT ITS BROKEN* most things dealing with video are borked.
-video recording. *STOP ASKING ABOUT IT ITS BROKEN*
-probably more? ITS A BETA STOP EXPECTING A GOLDEN RELEASE!
Disclaimer : The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for it.
Please note that the guide mentioned here is compatible only with AT&T Galaxy Note which bears model number SGH-I717. Please dont try it on any other device (including international Galaxy Note N7000) or it may result in hard bricked phone.
Procedure To Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 WithCyanogenmod 10 :
- Before proceeding further, ensure that you have installed latest version of clockworkmod recovery on your phone. If not, you can download it from here. (You can also flash this ROM from TWRP recovery which is recommended by the developer).
- Download latest Cyanogenmod 10 package & required kernel from the official development page (Link is mentioned below).
ATT Galaxy Note CM10.
- Download Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, GTalk, Play Store etc.) which are not installed in ROM by default.
- As soon as you download above file. Connect your device to PC by using the cable which you’ve got at the time of purchase. Enable mass storage mode on it. Now transfer/copy CM10 package to your device’s SD card. Ensure that you are not keeping it in deep directory.
- Now disconnect the phone from computer. You then need to enter into recovery mode. To do so, switch off the device, press & hold Volume Up button + Power key until recovery mode appears.
- After entering into recovery mode, select “install zip from sdcard” & then “choose zip from sdcard“. Navigate the ROM file (which you’ve transferred earlier) Select it & press on ‘Yes‘ to continue. ROM installation process will start.
- Wait for the ROM to get installed. After ROM gets successfully installed, your phone will land in the recovery mode again. Now select wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches from the phone memory.
- The same procedure you have to do for installation of Kernel file & Google Apps. (Just don’t do the above step). When you finished installation of Kernel & Gapps, press back button to land in recovery menu.
- Select reboot system now to Restart the phone.
- Usually first boot of the phone takes some time after flashing of new ROM so be patient.
Congrats !! You’ve successfully installed CM10 on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note. Let us know your opinions about this newly installed ROM. In case if you need a help, feel free to comment it below..