Its not just the Samsung who are about to release a giant Smartphone now. Their major competitor that is HTC has announced their next flagship device that is HTC One. It is expected that it will be launched in this month. The full phone specifications are revealed but thats all for now. You have to wait for some time until phone is released.
The device is also getting popular amongst developers. Many developers are coming forward to develop for this device. Even the phone is not released, on a very famous community of developers called XDA developers, some hacks are released. A custom recovery called as Clockworkmod recovery is out now for HTC One.
A custom recovery plays very important role when it comes to flashing custom ROMs. Custom recovery replaces stock recovery which is previously present in your phone and avails you a lot of additional features compared to stock recovery. Clockworkmod is most famous recovery amongst all custom recoveries.
With the help of Clockworkmod recovery you can flash custom ROMs and other hacks, you can take complete backup of your ROM or firmware, restore that backup, fix permissions, and many other things. A simplified procedure of flashing CWM on HTC One is given below in this article.
Disclaimer:Procedure mentioned in the given article is considered to be risky and may cause damage to your device. Please follow this steps completely at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device.
Attention!Steps involved in this article are meant only for HTC One. Trying this on any other device may result in undesirable outcomes.
- Your phone must be charged at least up to 70% battery level.
- USB debugging mode must be enabled.
- You must have unlocked bootloader of your device.
- You must have mobile drivers installed on your computer. If you don’t have them download HTC Sync Softwareto install them.
ProcedureTo InstallCustom CWM Recovery On HTC One:
- First download image file of recovery from Source page. The link is given below.
- Source page.
- You will also require fastboot files.Hereis the link is to download fastboot files for your device.
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Now You need to enter into the bootloader mode. For entering intobootloader mode, turn off your phone first.
- HoldVolume Down+Power Buttonsimultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- Select Fastboot using Power Button from the list of options shown in bootloader. (UseVolume Up/Downto goup/down& Power Button to select highlighted option).
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open theFastboot folder (Which youve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (ORYou can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), youll seeOpen Command window here option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices(After entering this command, youll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected. If it doesnt appear then youneed to installHTC Sync softwareto installessential drivers for your One).
- Transfer/Copy the downloaded image file of recovery to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom CWM recovery.
fastboot flash recovery CWM18.104.22.168_M7.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, Youll getfinished/OKAYmessage on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type fastboot reboot command in the same command prompt window.
- Youve now successfully flashed/installed custom CWM recovery on your HTC One. To enter into Clockworkmod recovery, do the following steps :
- Enter into the bootloader mode. To enter into bootloader mode, HoldVolume Down + Power Buttonsimultaneously until bootloader mode appears.
- In bootloader mode, Highlight recovery by using Volume Keys & Enter into the Clockworkmod recovery by usingPower Key. Youll be landed into custom CWM Recovery.
Excellent!! You have successfully installed Custom CWM recovery on your HTC One. Now you can go for latest custom ROMs and other hacks using the same. Tell us how it is working for you. If you have got any doubts feel free to ask them through comments. We are happy to help you.