Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro is one of the cheapest mobile featuring quad core processor. The Jelly Bean running device might get the Android updates in future. But you can try with different custom ROMs. And for flashing custom ROM, you will require custom recovery.
Mainly two types of recoveries are available for mobiles. One is Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) and other one TWRP recovery. Without any custom recovery you cannot flash any custom ROM. Clockworkmod recovery is most popular among the developers and users.
In this article you learn to flash clockworkmod recovery on Grand Quattro. Unlike TWRP recovery this one is non touch recovery. It means you have to use volume keys for navigation. Follow few simple steps to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro.
The procedure written ahead is considered as risky and may cause damage to your mobile if not properly followed. Don’t go for it of you are not aware of all these things. Carefully read the first and then go for its execution. We or developers are not responsible if anything happens to your mobile.
This CWM recovery is compiled only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro I8552. Do not try it on any other variant else you will end up with bricked (dead) device.
- To avoid any interruptions during the process, charge your mobile at least up to 70%.
- Internal data may gets damaged or corrupt during the procedure. So take a backup of important stuff like SMS, MMS, contacts etc. to the external memory card. You may find following article helpful for it.
- Install device specific USB drivers on PC.
- USB drivers for Galaxy Grand Quattro.
- Disable all the security systems on your computer for the time being.
- First of all download Clockworkmod recovery for Galaxy Grand Quattro from official development page.
- CWM v126.96.36.199 for Grand Quattro
- For flashing this recovery you will need a tool called Odin which designed by Samsung itself. Download any version above v3.04
- Odin Multi downloader for Grand Quattro
- First download both files on your PC. Install Odin Multi Downloader on computer.
- Now switch off your mobile and boot into downloading mode (also known as odin mode). For that press volume up + home + power button simultaneously until mobile vibrates. Then release power button but keep holding other two buttons. Then select volume up button.
- Connect mobile to PC through USB cable.
- By that open Odin Multi downloader installed on PC.
- After proper connection of mobile to computer, you will see that one of the ID: COM box turns turned blue. At the same time Added!! message will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers.
- Then click PDA button and select recovery.tar.md5 file. Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked.
- Don’t click anywhere else in the Odin.
- After doing everything properly, press Start button to flash recovery in mobile. It will take 5-10 minutes for flashing the recovery on mobile. In this course don’t remove USB cable from the phone. And finally your phone will get rebooted automatically showing pass message in message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
Good job! You have successfully installed Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro. Now you can flash any custom ROM through this recovery. If you have doubts regarding this article, you can ask us through comments.
Tip: To boot into recovery mode, switch off mobile press home + power + volume up button simultaneously. For taking nandroid backup, boot into recovery mode by using key combination mentioned above. Select backup and restore and then backup.