Clockworkmod is the famous custom recovery available for Android devices & it is widely used for flashing Custom ROMs & hacks on the same. Now let me know you, the updated version of this Clockworkmod recovery is now available for download. As per Koush (developer of CWM recovery), he has made the following changes,
(This is the list of changes he quoted on his G+ Account):
- New backup format that duplicates data between backups.
- Faster backups.
- Fixed restores > 2GB.
- Minor UI tweaks (new background, animated Android)
So who are you waiting for ? go get it for your device now..
Disclaimer : The Procedure described in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt this if you are not aware of these things. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that the guide mentioned here is compatible only with GSM / CDMA Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Please DON’T try it on any other device or it may result in bricked phone.
Procedure to install Custom Recovery (Clockworkmod) on Galaxy Nexus :
- Download fastboot files for Galaxy Nexus :
- Fastboot Files | 404.46 KB
- Download the Clockworkmod recovery image for your device from the links given below (Choose either simple version or touch version. Touch version will be more handy to use) :
- GSM Galaxy Nexus (Simple Recovery)
- GSM Galaxy Nexus (Touch Recovery)
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus (Simple Recovery)
- Sprint Galaxy Nexus (Touch Recovery)
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Simple Recovery)
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Touch Recovery)
- Extract Fastboot.zip file in your PC. You will find following four files in your extracted folder.
- Switch off the device completely, Press & hold Volume up + Volume down + Power Button to achieve fastboot mode.
- After entering into the Fastboot mode, Connect your phone to the PC.
- Open the ‘Fastboot‘ folder (Which you’ve extracted earlier).
- Now Open command prompt & Point its directory to the fastboot folder (OR You can do the same as: open Fastboot folder, Press & hold shift key and then right click on the free space in the same folder.When right clicked (holding shift), you’ll see ‘Open Command window here‘ option.Click it & Command prompt will be open pointing to the Fastboot directory).
- Put this command in command prompt :fastboot devices (After entering this command, you’ll see the random numbers appeared in the command prompt.This is to ensure that your device is properly connected.
- Transfer/Copy the recovery file file to extracted Fastboot folder along with other four fastboot files so that total 5 files will be left in that folder.
- Now type/enter the following command in command prompt to flash custom Clockworkmod recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-*******.img
- As soon as recovery gets flashed, You’ll get finished/OKAY message on the screen.
- Now you need to reboot your phone. For rebooting, type “fastboot reboot” command in the same command prompt windows.
- To try out the newly installed custom recovery, use the steps mentioned below.
- Switch off the phone.
- Enter into fast boot mode by following the instruction given above.
- In fastboot mode, press volume up button twice to highlight recovery option.
- Select it by using Power Key, You’ll be landed in newly installed CWM recovery.
You’ve successfully flashed Clockworkmod recovery on your Galaxy Nexus. For new updates of CWM recovery, keep checking official development page & Do let us know how it is working for you in the comments below. We will be glad to hear from you..