Another leaked Jelly Bean firmware XXDLH6 is now available to flash for S3 owners & now this is a 3rd leak. All these things are suggesting that Samsung is set to keep their word of releasing official Jelly Bean for their flagship model Galaxy S3 on 29th August (2012 of course). This Jelly bean update can be flashed manually through famous flashing software Odin & here at Android Legend, we have made a simple tutorial for the same.
Keep in mind, this is not an actual firmware update rolled out by Samsung (this is just a leaked JB firmware). So it might contain bugs which can make your phone unstable for a daily use. It is recommended for users to wait for the official release to come out, but if you want you can try it out.
Disclaimer : The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are completely unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this tutorial, we should not be held responsible for it.
Please note that, this guide is applicable only for Samsung Galaxy S3 (International variant) bearing model number GT-I9300. DON’T try this on other variants of Galaxy S3 or on any other device, it may cause damage to your phone.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 with XXDLH6 Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.1.1):
- Download the firmware package from the link mentioned below
- Jelly Bean XXDLH6 firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300
- Download Odin Multi Downloader (Required for flashing the firmware).
- Odin 3.04
- Extract the firmware package to get I9300XXDLH6_I9300OXADLH6_I9300XXLH6_HOME.tar.md5 file
- Switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. To do so, hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned yellow with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn yellow then you will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software. You can download kies from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose I9300XXDLH6_I9300OXADLH6_I9300XXLH6_HOME.tar.md5 file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Press Start button to initiate the flashing process of XXDLH6 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S3. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get Pass message with the Green background & device will be restarted automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by the procedure given below.
- Firstly switch off the phone.(you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted in the recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery mode, use Volume up/down & power key only.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- Youll observe that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it is normal & this is for the first time only.
Congratulations! Leaked Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (XXDLH6) is now up & running on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Do let us know how it is working for you & if youve got any doubt or query, comment it below, we will try our best to help out on the same. Enjoy..!