Resurrection Remix is one of the best custom which is an amalgam of cherry picks from CM, AOKP, Omni, PA etc. custom ROMs. We often wish to have all the feature form different custom ROM in one single pack. And Resurrection Remix is a perfect example of it. Developers are adding several new tweaks in the ROM, making it more customizable and improving performance of the device.
As we know that Samsung Galaxy S Advance will not receive any official Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, you might be interested in flashing KitKat based custom ROM. In that case Resurrection Remix ROM is a good option. Before going into the details of procedure, first we will have a look at some features of Resurrection Remix ROM.
- Active display
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Application side bar
- Notification panel tweaks
- Tiles style
- Music Toggle
- Pitch Black UI Mode
- Camera mods
- ListView Animations
- Custom system animations
- Custom progress bar
- Screen recorder
- Hardware buttons and navbar options
- Status bar traffic monitor
- Battery bar options
- Status bar brightness slider
- Expanded desktop
- Performance controller
- Flip tiles
- Theme chooser
- Lockscreen see blur and reduce slider
- Show Wi-Fi name
- Headset action
- Low battery warning
- Lock clock widget
- Privacy guard
- Power sounds
- Battery mods
- Lockscreen options and targets
- Center Clock/No clock/Right Clock
- AM/PM,date and colors
- Nova/Stock launcher included
Although this custom ROM does come with some minor bugs like compass not working or screen recorder not working, but they are negligible as compared to the features. Detail procedure regarding flashing Resurrection Remix ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Advance is elaborated in further article.
The following procedure is considered as risky; if you don’t follow it properly your mobile may get bricked permanently. So it is recommended for the beginners that they should read the article completely and carefully before executing the steps. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This official build of Resurrection remix custom ROM is compiled only for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Don’t try to flash it on any other mobile. Else it may cause per damage.
- Low battery power may interrupt installation and thereby damaging the device. To avoid this, charge it at least up to 70%.
- During the procedure we are wiping all the data from internal memory. So it is better to take a backup of important stuff like SMS, MMS, contacts etc. to the external memory card. You might find these article helpful for it.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS / MMS).
- How to Backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- In order to flash custom ROM you need custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery on your mobile. Don’t try to flash it through custom recovery.
- First download Resurrection Remix ROM for Galaxy S Advance from official development page. Also you will need to flash Gapps (contains Google apps like Gmail, Google play etc.) separately on mobile afterwards since custom ROM doesn’t contain Google apps.
- Resurrection Remix ROM for S Advance. (Download latest build)
- Gapps for Android 4.4 KitKat.
- After downloading both files, connect your mobile to PC and enable mass storage mode. Copy both files to the external memory on convenient location. Don’t extract them.
- After copying both files, disconnect your phone from PC. Boot it into recovery mode.
- For that first switch off the device and then press volume up + home + power button simultaneously for long time until recovery mode opens. Remember touch won’t work in the CWM recovery. You need to use volume keys for navigation and power button for selection.
- First of all take a nandroid backup of current system which might be required if anything goes wrong. Refer this article to take nandroid backup.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition to wipe all the data and caches on the phone respectively. (Caution: It will erase all the data from the internal memory.)
- In next step select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. Select resurrection. zip file. Confirm it for installation by selecting yes in next step. This is actual flashing of ROM.
- This will take a bit time for installation. In the end you will land into recovery mode again.
- Repeat the above step of install zip from sdcard and then chose zip from sdcard for the gapps since they are not present custom ROM.
- After flashing both files again wipe data and cache partitions in order to avoid bootloop.
- In the end select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now. First boot will take more time than usual.
That’s it! Android 4.4.2 KitKat is successfully installed on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance through Resurrection Remix ROM. Do share you experience about this ROM. If you come across any difficulties then comment us in the comments section below.
Tip: In case if you don’t like this ROM, you can easily switch back to previous one just by entering into recovery mode. Then select the Backup and Restore option from the recovery mode & then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore. And then simply reboot it. Or you can flash official firmware by using Odin tool.