Recently, many high-end smartphones are getting Android 4.4.2 updates. But, a bad news for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users is that the Android 4.4.2 update which was to be released this month, has been delayed and the exact release date is not available yet. It means that, the Android update might take a long time for release. But, as we all know, you can install the latest Android update on your phone unofficially with the help of custom ROMs.
Phantom ROM V6 is one of the best custom ROMs available for Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This ROM will be providing your Android 4.4.2 update. This ROM is a hybrid ROM which includes some features of Galaxy Note 3 as well as Galaxy S5. Thus, making your Note 2 a hybrid device, this ROM will totally change your Android experience. This is having a stock theme and touchwiz launcher. But, the additional features makes it very stable and gives a sleek performance.
- Android 4.4.2
- battery tweaks
- performance tweaks
- RAM tweaks
- increased photo and video recording quality
- fully debloated
- bloatable from aroma
- S5 system ui and toggles
- U power saving mode
- quad view multi-windows
- smart stay
- smart rotation
- smart scroll
- smart pause
- toolbox with 5 default apps
- s5 apps and features
- note 3 apps and features
- lockscreen effects
- and many more
Installing a custom ROM voids the warranty of your phone. This may damage your phone permanently. A detailed procedure about installing a custom ROM is given below. Please read the procedure carefully before implementing any change. Neither we nor the developer of the ROM will be responsible for any kind of damage to your device. If you are unaware about these procedures, the try to get help from an experienced person. This ROM is for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 only. Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Take a backup of all the necessary data such as Contacts, SMS, MMS, APN lists, etc. as you have to wipe all the data before flashing the ROM.
- Keep your phone charged, at least upto 60%, so that there will not be any interruption in the installation process. Any kind of interruption during the installation process may damage your device permanently.
- Make sure that your phone is rooted and you are having s custom recovery such as TWRP installed on your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode from Settings > Developer’s Options.
- First of all, download both the files mentioned in the Downloads Section and move them to the internal memory of the device. Don’t extract them.
- Now enter the Recovery Mode on your device. For this, switch off the phone, then press and hold the Power + Home + Volume Up button simultaneously for some seconds.
- After entering the recovery mode, take Nandroid backup of the device as it might be helpful if anything goes wrong during the installation of the ROM.
- Now, wipe all the data/factory reset the phone.
- Now, install zip from sdcard. Choose the zip file containing Phantom ROM V6. This will install the ROM onyour device. This process might take several minutes.
- Now, similarly install the zip which is containing the add-ons.
- Reboot your phone normally. First booting may take some time approx. 10-15 minutes.
- If you get stucked in bootloops, try to wipe data and flash the ROM again.
- After rebooting, if you are getting some force close errors, then try to wipe data and flash the ROM again.
- Now, take a totally new experience of your hybrid Samsung Galaxy Note 2 having the features of Note 3 and Galaxy S5.
For more information, refer this forum on XDA.