As expected Samsung unveiled their next flagship device, Galaxy S4, in the first quarter of 2013. No surprises that it will run on latest Android version 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Immediately after that Samsung announced the list of devices which will receive this update in coming few months. Of course the LTE variant of Galaxy S3 is there in that list.
But this will take little time to get this update officially. Meanwhile one of the most famous custom ROMs AOKP is compiled for this device which is based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Well this is an unofficial version and first build of this custom ROM. So you can expect plenty of bugs in it.
Of course it has typical Android 4.2.2 features like gesture typing, daydream, photo sphere etc. Few of them may not work properly right now. But with the release of next updates, you can expect more stable version of this ROM.
You can install this Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update via AOKP custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE just by following few simple steps written ahead.
DisclaimerThe steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. If you are not aware of all this things, we request you not to attempt this. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. For any damage to your device due to this process we or even developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
This article is strictly intended for Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE with model number I9305. Dont try to install it on any other variant. Otherwise you will end up with some undesired result.
- Ensure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that flashing of ROM wont get interrupted due to lack of power.
- During installation process, all data in the mobile gets formatted. So it is recommended to a backup of all important personal data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts to the external memory of your phone.
- Most important thing is that Clockworkmod recovery or any other custom recovery must be installed on your mobile. Without this you cant flash ROM. Click here to install it.
Procedure to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via AOKP custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305:
- First download Android 4.2.2 AOKP Jelly Bean custom ROM from official development page.
Click here to download.
- Download Gapps package for Jelly Bean since Gapps are not present in any custom ROM, you have to install them separately.
Click here to download.
- Connect your mobile to the computer via USB cable and enable mass storage mode on. Copy both the files to the external memory card. Dont extract them.
- Then disconnect your mobile from computer.
- Now you have to boot your mobile into recovery mode. For this, first switch off your mobile then press and hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you land into CWM recovery. (You can release power button after Samsung logo appears but keep holding other two until recovery mode shows up).
- It is recommended that you should take a backup of current working system. So take a nandroid backup by selecting backup & restore option followed by backup in next step. This backup is saved in external memory.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition for wiping data & cache respectively from the phone memory. (Make sure that you have taken the backup of all contain from phone memory as it gets wiped in this step.)
- Next step is actual flashing of ROM. Select install zip from sdcard followed choose zip from sdcard. A bunch of files will appear in front of you. From that navigate to the AOKP ROM file. Confirm it in next step by pressing yes.
- Installation will take few minutes. Repeat the above step of install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. This time select Gapps file (gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip). Select yes on next screen for confirmation.
- After successful installation of both the files, select +++++go back+++++option. Then reboot system now.
Fantastic job! Android 4.2.2 is running on your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 via AOKP custom ROM. Do share your opinion about this ROM. You can your doubts through the comments. We will come up with solution as early as possible.
Tip: In case if you dont like this ROM, you can easily switch back to previous one just by entering into recovery mode. Then select the Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode & then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.