Recently Samsung announced the list of devices which will receive Android 4.2.2 update. And as expected Galaxy Note, the first phablet in the world, will receive this update very soon. As it has already received Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, certainly it will take little more time for the latest Android update.
You can wait for it or you can go for a custom ROM. As we know many custom ROMs based on this version have been compiled for Galaxy Note, SuperNexus ROM is the newest one in this list. Supernexus ROM gives us a pure AOSP experience on mobile which is generally observed in the Nexus devices.
So if you are tired with Samsungs Touch-wiz UI then definitely we recommend you that you should go for it. Lets have a look at the some of the features of ROM.
- Rooted (Super SU)
- Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation
- ZERO Bloatware
- Galaxy S III Device Settings As An App
- HSPA+ Support
Follow the few simple steps written ahead to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean via SuperNexus ROM Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
Disclaimer: The procedure explained in the further article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not follow them if you are not aware of it. Read the article completely before executing them. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
The further procedure is intended only for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000. Dont try to attempt it on any other variant or device under any circumstances. Otherwise you will end up with bricked device.
- Ensure that you have charged your mobile at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted.
- It is recommended that you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card since it gets wiped during the installation process.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging mode.
- Most important!! You must have installed custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on your mobile. Without this you can’t flash a custom ROM.
Procedure to install Android 4.2.2 via Supernexus ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000:
- Frist download supernexus ROM for Galaxy Note N7000 from the official development page.
Click here to download.
- Also dont forget to download Gapps for Jelly Bean since they are not present in custom ROM.
Click here to download.
- After downloading both the files connect mobile to computer via USB cable and enable mass storage mode on. Copy both files to the external memory and dont extract them.
- Now disconnect mobile from PC and switched it off. Boot it into recovery mode by pressing volume up + power button + home button simultaneously. Clockworkmod recovery will appear on your screen.
- First of all take a nandroid backup of current system which might be required if anything goes wrong. For that select backup & restore and then backup. This will take nandroid backup which will besaved in the external memory.
- In recovery mode, select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partitions to clear all data and cache partitions from your phone.
- Next flash the ROM. To execute this steps select install zip from sdcard followed choose zip from sdcard. A list of files will appear in front of you. Form that select supernexus.zip file for installation. Confirm it by pressing yes in next step.
- This will take few minutes for installation. After that repeat same procedure of install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard for Gapps.
- After successful flashing of both the files select +++++go back++++ and then reboot system now.
Great job!! Android 4.2.2 is now running on your Samsung Galaxy nota N7000 via Supernexus custom ROM. Do share our views about this pure Android experience. You can ask your doubts without any hesitation. We will come with solution as soon as possible.
Tip: If you want to revert back to previous ROM or firmware you can do it provided you must have nandroid backup. Boot mobile into recovery mode as stated above. Then select backup & restore and then select restore. Select the latest backup which you want to restore.