After Samsung the second name which comes in smartphone market is LG Electronics. LG has a very tough competition with Samsung. They have proved themselves very well with launching first quad core phone. Last year the presented Optimus G, this competed with Galaxy S3 very well. Also they launched Nexus 4 in collaboration with Google.
LG also has wide variety of devices in mid-range. Last year they launch all new Optimus L9. With its amazing features it comes with on board Ice Cream Sandwich. LG has promised Jelly Bean update for the phone but L9 users have to wait for it for a while. But you have got another option; you can go for custom ROMs instead. They will offer you unique experience which you will definitely enjoy.
Now official Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on latest Android 4.2.2 is available for Optimus L9. Along with all new Jelly Bean features, Cyanogenmod offers smooth and buttery interface and more customizations. You are just few steps away from enjoying all this amazing features. Just keep in mind that being nightly build it may have some minor bugs but as further builds come, the will be fixed.
Read further to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Optimus L9 via CM 10.1.
Disclaimer: The steps given in this article are considered to be risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. If any damage happened to your device while following this guide, neither we nor developer should be held responsible for the same.
This ROM is compiled only for LG Optimus L9 having model number P760. Don’t try to flash it on any other device or variant to avoid any unwanted damage or permanent damage to mobile.
- Make sure that you have charged mobile at least up to 70% in order to avoid failure in installation process due to low battery.
- Also don’t forget to take a backup of all important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as they gets wiped during installation.
- Important! Ensure that you have already installed custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on your device which is required for flashing the custom ROM.
Procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 based on Android 4.2.2 for LG Optimus L9:
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM for LG Optimus L9 from official Cyanogenmod page.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean which contains Google apps like Gmail, Play store, maps etc. which are not present any custom ROM.
- Click here to download.
- After downloading these files connect your mobile to computer via USB cable and enable USB debugging on. Copy both files to the external memory. Don’t extract them.
- After this boot the device into recovery mode. For that first switch off the mobile. Now turn it on. and release the power button. When LG logo appears and LED blinks press and hold volume down button, now you will land in custom recovery. Since Custom recovery is not touch recovery, you have to use volume buttons for navigation.
- It is nice to have a backup of whole working system. For that select backup & restore option followed by backup. This backup is also known as nandroid backup and it is saved in external memory. (This is not mandatory step.)
- Now wipe all data on the phone and cache partition by selecting wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partition respectively.
- Next is actual flashing of ROM. For that select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.Chose Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file from the given list of files. Confirm it by selecting yes next step.
- Wait few minutes for installation of ROM. In the end you will see Recovery menu again.
- Repeat the above steps of install zip form sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard for flashing Gapps package.
- Finally select +++++Go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Tip:If you don’t like this ROM or you are not comfortable with this ROM, you can easily return back to the previous ROM just by entering into the recovery mode. Then select backup & restore option followed by restore& chose your latest backup to restore.
There you go! You can see that Cyanogenmod 10.1 based Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean now up and running on your Optimus L9. Don’t forget to share your reviews about how this ROM is working for you. And if you have any doubts, feel free to ask. We will help you out with it