Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is one of the favorite tab among the people. As Samsung has already announced Jelly Bean update for it, people are waiting for its implementation. On the other hand, a custom ROM based on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, Cyanogenmod 10.1, has been ported for this Tab.
Thanks to senior XDA member locerra for rolling out this Cyanogenmod 10.1 for you. As it is nightly build, you might found issues like few things are not working. For example, bluetooth, HDMI dongle, dock audio doesn’t work. Also GPS and ambient light sensor doesn’t work for few models. But don’t worry as they are working on this ROM, they will fix these issues soon.
Follow the article written ahead to install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 via Cyanogenmod 10.1.
Disclaimer: The following article is considered as risky and can cause damage to your tablet. Do not follow this article if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. For any damage cause to your device due to this process, we or developer cannot be taken guilty or responsible.
Make a note that this article is intended only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 bearing model numbers P6800, P6810, and I815 from Verizon. Dont try this on any other tablet or mobile or any other variant; otherwise you might end up with some unexpected results.
- Ensure that tablet is charged at least up to 70% so that installation process wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- Dont forget to take a backup of important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory as it gets vanished during installation.
- Remember that without any custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery you cant flash a custom ROM.Click here to install it.
Procedure to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Android 4.2.1):
- Download Cyanogenmod 10.1 for your tablet as per model number from official source page.
- Here is the link of source page.
- Also download Gapps package for Jelly Bean.
- Click here to download.
- Connect your tablet to computer via USB cable. Enable USB debugging on and copy both files to the external memory. Dont extract them.
After this, disconnect tablet from PC and switch it off. Boot it into recovery mode. To do so, press & hold volume up + power button simultaneously until recovery mode opens.
- It is suggested that you should take a nandroid backup. For that select backup & restore and then. This backup is saved in external memory. (This step is not mandatory.)
After this, you will come back to the recovery menu. Select wipe data/factory reset to wipe all the data from the memory. Now select wipe cache and confirm it on next screen. Next, select Advance followed by Wipe Dalvik cache and confirms it on next screen.
Select install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard. Navigate to Cyanogenmod 10.1 zip file and then confirm it next step.
- It will take few more minutes for installation. Finally you will see recovery menu again.
- Since Google apps are not present in custom ROM, you will need to flash it separately. So repeat the above step of install zip from sdcard followed by chose zip from sdcard for Gapps.
- After successful flashing of both files, chose +++++go back+++++ option and then reboot system now.
Thats it!! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is now running on Android 4.2 Jelly Bean via Cyanogenmod 10.1. Dont forget to share our views about this article.
Tip: If you want to uninstall this ROM and return back to the stock one, you can easily do it just by booting into the recovery mode. Select backup & restore option followed by restore & chose your latest backup to restore.