After the release of Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung has started rolling out the Jelly Bean update for the other devices. They have also announced the list of devices which will receive Android 4.2.2 update. And of course Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is one of them. Well right now it has received Android 4.1.2. Jelly Bean update.
The latest XXMC8 firmware which is released officially for Galaxy Ace 2 is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Right not it is not available in all the countries through kies, still you can update your mobile via Odin tool.
The features like Butterlike smooth interface, Google Now and many more are present in it. And being an official firmware, there is no chance of any bugs. So just go ahead and follow few simple steps to flash this Android 4.1.2 XXMC8 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned in the article written ahead are considered as risky and it can cause damage to your mobile if not properly followed. It is requested that you should not follow this if you are newbie in this android world. Read the article completely and follow all the steps at your own risk. We are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This official firmware update is only applicable for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 with model number I8160. Dont try to flash it on Ace plus or any other device otherwise you will end up with some undesired results.
- Before proceeding further make sure that your mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that installation wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- Also you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external sdcard since it gets wiped during installation process.
- Turn off windows firewall or any other antivirus software on the computer.
- If you have installed kies on the computer then uninstall it.
Procedure to flash Android 4.1.2 Jelly XXMC8 official Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy Ace 2:
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXMC8 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Ace 2 on your computer. Extract that zip file on the computer.
- Click here to download.
- Also download and install Odin 3.07 on computer. It is the tool through which we are flashing firmware.
- Click here to download.
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to get a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now switch off your mobile boot into downloading mode. For that press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until you see downloading message on your mobile screen.
- Now connect your mobile to PC via USB cable.
- Open Odin v3 v0.7 which you have installed on your PC. If your phone is connected properly you will see that one of your ID: COM box is turned blue. Also you will get added!! message in Odins message box. If you dont get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers properly.
- Now click PDA button and select the ‘I8160XXMC8_I8160TMNMC3_HOME.tar.md5‘ file.
- Check Auto reboot and F. Reset Time. Please dont click anywhere in the Odin.
- Click on the Start button for starting installation process. It will take a few minutes for installation. After successful flashing of firmware your mobile will be rebooted automatically showing pass massage in Odins message box.
- However if your mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
- Now to avoid boot loops of the phone, enter into recovery mode by switching off device and then pressing volume up + power button + home button simultaneously. You will see custom recovery on the screen. As touch won’t work in this mode. Use Volume keys for navigation.
- Now select Wipe data/factory reset and then wipe cache partitions to clear all the data on the phone.
- Finally select reboot system now.
Great job! Android 4.1.2 XXMC8 Jelly Bean firmware is now running on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. Dont forget to share your reviews about this update. You can ask your queries through comments. We will come up with solution as early as possible.