Samsung Galaxy S Advance is one of the member of S2 family which has identical look to S2. Recently Samsung has upgraded it to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, but this firmware is not released in many countries as it is not that much stable. So you may go for custom ROMs, as they are reliable.
Many custom ROMs are already compiled for S Advance based on this Android version. And the latest one is MIUI custom ROM. Of course it has got all the features of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean along with MIUI themes. As it is based on Cyanogenmod 10, it has got same bugs that are found in cm10. Since the developers are working on it sincerely, these bugs will be overcome soon.
Follow the few simple steps written ahead to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via MIUI custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Advance.
Disclaimer: The procedure mentioned in the article written ahead is considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile it is recommended that you should not go for it if you are not aware of all these things. Read the article completely and execute all the steps at your own risk. We or developers are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after executing these steps.
This custom ROM is strictly meant for Samsung Galaxy S Advance with model number I9070. Dont try to flash it on I9070P or any other mobile else you will get some unwanted result.
- Make sure that mobile is charged at least up to 70% so that installation wont get interrupted due to low battery.
- As we know that all the data the phone gets wiped during the installation process, it is recommended that you should take a backup of all your personal important data like SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc.to the external memory card.
- Most important thing!! You must have installed custom recovery like Clockworkmod recovery or TWRP recovery on your mobile. Follow this article to install TWRP recovery on your mobile. Without any custom recovery you cannot flash the custom ROM.
Procedure to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via MIUI custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- First of all download MIUI custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S Advance from official development page. (Download latest build.)
- Click here to download.
- Also download Gapps package Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean since they are not present in any custom ROM, you have to flash it manually.
- Click here to download.
- After downloading these files, connect mobile to PC using USB cable and enable mass storage mode on. Copy both files to the external memory card. Dont extract them.
- Disconnect mobile from computer and switch it off. You need to boot your device into recovery mode for installation of ROM. For that press & hold volume up + power key + home button simultaneously until you boot into the recovery.
- It is recommended that you should take a backup of current working system. For doing this, select backup & restore option from recovery menu followed by backup on next screen. This nandroid backup gets saved in the external memory of your mobile.
- Now select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition to wipe all the data & caches respectively from the phone memory.
- Next select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Select ‘MIUI.zip‘ file from the list of files. Confirm it by selecting ‘Yes‘ in next step.
- After successful flashing of ROM, again select install zip form sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. This time select Gapps file for installation. Confirm installation by pressing yes in next step.
- After successful flashing of both files select +++++go back+++++ and then reboot system now.
Nice work!! Your Samsung Galaxy S Advance is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean via MIUI custom ROM. Do share your reviews about this custom ROM. You can your queries regarding the ROM through the comments. We will try to solve them as early as possible.
Tip: In case you want to revert to previous ROM you can easily do it just by entering into Recovery mode. Then select the Backupand Restore option from the recovery mode then select restore & choose your latest backup to restore.