Xperia P was launched along with Xperia S, Xperia U & Xperia Sola. Being middle ranged smartphone, it has got nice specifications as compared to other smartphones within a same price from different manufacturers. The only thing that Xperia P lags behind from those devices is on-board updated version of Android OS. It becomes really embarrassing if your device doesnt have latest & updated OS. But no disappointments anymore! Sony has upgraded Xperia P from Gingerbread 2.3.7 to ICS 4.0.4.
Sony has pushed out ICS 4.0.4 update with 6.1.1.B.1.75 firmware and made available worldwide (Theyve also certified 6.1.1.B.1.90 ICS firmware update which will be released very soon. Perhaps it will be the last ICS update before the arrival of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean).
Android 4.0.4 ICS is much more different than Gingerbread 2.3.7 in every aspect. After upgrading to ICS, youll find a totally new UI, new features, interesting apps & much more stuffs than GB. Some of the cool features of ICS are included below:
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sonys media applications €“ WALKMAN, Album and Movies
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
If your phone isn’t showing Software update, dont worry! You can manually upgrade your Xperia P to Android 4.0.4 using a tool called Flashtool and were here to guide you through the procedure.
Let us checkout how you can upgrade Xperia P LT22i to 6.1.1.B.1.75 Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware.
Disclaimer : Steps given in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. We won’t be held responsible if you damage your device while following this guide.
This guide is intended only for Sony Xperia P having model number LT22i . Dont try to implement it on Xperia U / Xperia Sola or on any other device else it can damage your device in anyway.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that flashing process wont get interrupted.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
Procedure to Upgrade Sony Xperia P LT22i to Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware (6.1.1.B.1.75):
- Download Xperia Flashtool from here. Well be using it for flashing the firmware.
- Download Xperia P LT22i Official Android 4.0.4 ICS Firmware package (6.1.1.B.1.75) from here.
- Install Flashtool that you’ve just downloaded in your computer. For the sake of convenience, install it in root directory of C: drive.
- Navigate to C: –> Flashtool –> Firmwares and delete all the data over there if anything is present.
- Now move Sony Xperia P_6.1.1.b.1.75_Generic World.ftf file in the above mentioned directory.
- Open Xperia Flashtool. Select Flash option (Black Bolt icon) from the top left corner of the tool (Refer to image given below).
- It will ask you to select either Flashmode or Fastboot mode. Select Flashmode & proceed further by hitting OK button.
- On next screen, Firmware selection window will appear. On left side, select LT22i (version 6.1.1.B.1.75).
- In right side of the tool, tick following 4 options (Caution! Dont tick any other option than 4 mentioned below).
- Wipe data.
- Wipe cache.
- Wipe apps log.
- No final verification.
- Press OK. Wait for Flashtool to prepare firmware installation.
- Now, it will ask you to connect your phone. Before you connect your phone to computer, enter into Flashmode on it. To do so, switch off the phone completely. By holding Volume down key, connect it to PC. If done correctly, you should see a green light on the power.
- After establishing proper connection with the computer, flashing process will start. Firmware installation process may get stuck around 93%, which is normal. It stays there for 20-30 seconds and not more than that.
- Once you get Flashing finished message in Flashtool, remove your phone from PC & wait for it to reboot (It may take more time than usual for booting the device, which is normal. So don’t get panic & be patient).
Congratulations! You have successfully updated your Xperia P LT22i to Android 4.0.4 ICS 6.1.1.B.1.75 firmware. If you need any help, we’re always there for you. Just comment it below & we’ll reply as quick as possible. Enjoy..
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Reason why new HTC One (2014) is having Duo Camera - March 12, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014