Still waiting for stable Jelly Bean update for your Galaxy S Advance? Well, the wait is over now. Samsung has rolled out another Android 4.1.2 update in the form XXLQG firmware. Many S Advance users reported some serious issues with previous Jelly bean updates and hence Samsung decided to roll out an update fixing the bugs that were present in older updates of JB. Samsung has fixed these bugs- Unexpected shut down of phone (with / without specific interval), Slow performance while handling large apps like Games & some big size apps, MTP mode bug, Battery drain, Heating issues, Camera problems etc.
So, if you too are facing such kind of problems with the JB firmware you had installed then XXLQG firmware is a workaround for it. This will truly utilize the system resource such as CPU, RAM, Memory etc. in a good manner. So, don’t wait anymore for stable update as it’s already here. Just go ahead, follow exact steps mentioned in the article below & you’re done.
Now, we’ll check out how to flash Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070.
Disclaimer: We have tried our best to make this article perfect. If your phone doesn’t function after performing steps given this article, whole responsibility will be yours. We should not be held responsible for any damage caused to your phone. Although the chances of bricking your phone are very low. But still this is fair warning to you.
This firmware of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is meant for Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 only. Using this guide on any other model / device might give you undesired results. Your device may also get bricked by doing so. Please confirm your device’s model number before you proceed further. You can check it using this path: Home Screen –> Settings –> About device.
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance (Of course).
- Windows based Laptop or PC.
- USB Cable to make a connection between the phone & Computer.
- Odin Muti Downloader Tool (link is mentioned in procedure).
- Android 4.1.2 XXLQG Firmware Package (link is mentioned in procedure).
- Your Device Must be charged at least up 75% battery level.
- It is always recommended to backup all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.) as it will get wiped during flashing process (SD card will not be erased but still make a backup of it as well).
- In order to make the phone recognized by PC (Odin Tool), device specific drivers (Samsung Drivers) are necessary and must be installed in your computer. You can install them by installing Samsung Kies. Download Kies from here. OR Download appropriate device driver directly from the link mentioned below:
- Samsung Drivers for Galaxy S Advance I9070
- Disable all security related softwares (like Antivirus) installed on your PC.
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Firmware flashing Program).
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXLQG Jelly Bean Firmware Package from the link provided below:
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXLQG for Galaxy S Advance
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your PC. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now, turn off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue. Finally you’ll see the construction Green Android robot & downloading… text written below it. It means your phone has entered in download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer (which you’ve just downloaded) & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it. Also, you’ll see “Added” text appeared in message box (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin, tick PDA tab & choose “I9070XXLQG_I9070ITVLQ3_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that you have NOT ticked Re-Partition box. Even if you do it accidentally, you are going to brick your phone.
- Finally, hit the Start button to initiate the flashing process of Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S Advance. Wait till Odin finishes its job. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM (with the Green colored background) & device will restart automatically (if Auto Reboot option is ticked).
- (Conditional) However if your phone gets stuck or you get a fail message then close the Odin window, disconnect phone from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the same procedure again.
- Unplug the device from Computer (only if you get pass message in Odin).
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid bootloops & for proper functioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps. Those are given ahead:
- Switch off the phone (you can do so by removing battery or pressing & holding power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home Button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears. But keep holding other two till you get into recovery mode.
- Your device is now booted in recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in here, you’ve to use Volume up/down & power key only (for navigation & selection respectively).
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache partition.
- After performing required actions in recovery, finally hit reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You will observe that the phone is taking longer time to boot (than usual), but dont worry, this is for the first time only.
- Your phone is booted in Homescreen of XXLQG Android 4.1.2 Firmware.
That’s it! Android 4.1.2 XXLQG Firmware is now successfully installed in your Samsung Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070. Let us know how the update is working for you. If you’ve any questions / problems regarding a procedure, share them with us. You can use a comment section below for the same. We’ll try to solve it as soon as possible. Enjoy!
Stay tuned to get more updates and dont forget to like our Facebook page as well as to follow us on Google+.
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+