Since Samsung launched their Android Smartphones in market, it has become one of the biggest giant in the electronics industry. Samsung is also providing frequent updates to these smartphones which has lead people to trust them.
Back in September 2012, Samsung announced a list of devices that are getting Jelly Bean upgrades. One of them was Galaxy Advance I9070 & now keeping their promise, Samsung has started rolling out Android 4.1 Jelly bean updates. Unlike Galaxy S3 (which was upgraded to Android 4.1.1), they have rolled out Android 4.1.2 updatesdirectlyfor this device.
Last time we discussed about XXLPY, which was Android 4.1.2 firmware & now another firmware called XXLPZ is rolled out. It is available over Kies & OTA in Russia. But if you reside outside Russia, no need to worry about it. Odin is a tool which will help you to manually flash your Galaxy S Advance with XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 firmware irrespective of the region you belong to.
Let us checkout how one can upgrade his / her Galaxy S Advance to Android 4.1.2 XXLPZ Jelly Bean firmware.
Disclaimer: Steps mentioned in the given article are risky and can cause damage to your phone. It is requested that you should not follow this guide unless you know what you are going to do with your phone. Follow all the steps carefully & at your own risk. We don’t held any responsibility for any damage caused to your phone while / after implementing these steps.
This is an Official firmware released by Samsung and it must be applied only on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Dont try to flash it on Galaxy S I9000 or on any other device. It may result in sever damage to your phone.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that flashing process wont get interrupted.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
- Device specific drivers must be installed on your computer. If you have installed Kies on computer you dont need to install it separately. If you haven’t installed it yet then you can download it from here.
Steps Required to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 to Official XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware:
- Download XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware package from here.
- Download Odin Multi Downloader 3.07 (Required for flashing the firmware) from the link given below.
- Odin 3.07
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your computer.
- Switch off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned yellow with a random COM port number appeared below it. (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be yellow, don’t worry. You will need to install proper drivers for your device. For installation of drivers, use the CD you got at the time of purchase & install Kies software from it. You can download kies from here OR you can manually download it from here).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “HOME_I9070XXLPZ_I9070SERLPZ_660490_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not checked.
- Hit Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S Advance. When flashing process finishes successfully, youll get “Pass” message with the Green background & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
Note: If your phone get stuck or you get a fail message while flashing firmware then Close Odin, disconnect your phone from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the phone.
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is booting slowly than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this happens only for the first time.
Fantastic Job! You’ve successfully installed XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. Do let us know how JB is working on your phone. If youve got any doubt or query, you are most welcome to comment it below, we will try our best to sort out the same. Enjoy..!
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+