Sony Announced ICS Update For Xperia S In The Last Week of June. By Keeping The Promise, Sony Has Rolled Out Much Awaited Update of ICS (Android 4.0). The Update Has Build Number 6.1.A.0.452 & Kernel Version 3.0.8. This is Generic Swiss Update Which is Released For Specific SI Numbers (1257-3740). But Those Who Wants To Keep Their Hands Before They Can Get This Update Officially in Their Region & Want To Taste The Latest Build Of Android On Their Phone Can Proceed With The Procedure Mentioned Below.
Let Us Go Through The Quick List of The Things We Will Be Checking In Our Further Article :
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
Procedure To Update Sony Xperia S LT26i With Official ICS 4.0.4.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Sony will Be Held Responsible For It.And Also Please Be Noted That Flashing Firmware May Void Your Device’s Warranty.So Flash It At Your Own Risk.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, You are Now Ready to Move to Rest Part of The Article Where We Will be Checking how to apply ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update in Xperia S.
Procedure To Update Sony Xperia S LT26i With Official ICS 4.0.4 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Which is Mentioned Below :
Xperia S ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package. | 335.15 MB
- Install Flashtool Which You’ve Just Downloaded In Your Computer (For You Convenience, It is Recommended To Install Flash Tool in C: Drive).
- After Installing Flashtool, Install Its Update (flashtool-update-0.8.x-0.8.6.0-windows.exe) in The Same Folder Where Flashtool is Installed.
- Extract Xperia S ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update Package (LT26_6.1.A.0.452_Generic_CH_1257-3740_.rar) in Your PC, You’ll Get .ftf File.
- Navigate C:flashtoolfirmwares Directory.Delete All The Data in That Directory If It is Present Over There.
- Copy/Move The Extracted Firmware Package File (.ftf File) In The C:flashtoolfirmwares Directory.
- Now We’ll Proceed To The Actual Firmware Updating Procedure In Our Further Tutorial.
- Open Xperia Flashtool Which You’ve Just Installed.Select Flash Option From The Top Corner of The Tool.(Refer The Image Below).
- You’ll Be Ask To Select Either Flash Mode Or Fastboot Mode.Select Flashmode & Press Ok.
- After Selecting Flash Mode, Firmware Selection Window Will Appear.In The Left Side Select LT26i (Version 6.1.A.0.452).
- In The Right Side, Tick The Following 4 Options Only.
- Wipe data
- Wipe cache
- Wipe apps log
- No Final Verification
- Press Ok Button. Wait For It To Prepare.Now It will Ask You To Connect Your Mobile, Follow The Steps Carefully & Connect Your Phone.(While Connecting The Device To The Computer, Turn Off Your Xperia S. Press & Hold The Back Key.Now Connect It To The PC).
- As Soon As Connect Your Device To PC, Flashing Process Should Now Start.Once You See The Flashing Finished Message In Flashtool. Remove/Detach The Device From PC & Wait For The Device To Reboot (First Boot After Flashing Firmware Takes More Time Than The Usual.So Don’t Panic & Be Patient).
Congratulations ! By This Time Your Sony Xperia S Should be Running On Latest Firmware Update of ICS 4.0.4.Now In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing The Firmware, Do Let me Know In Comments.I Will Be There To Assist You As Quick As Possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+