Previously Sony Rolled Out ICS 4.0.3 Update For Xperia Neo V.Now They Have Started Rolling Out ICS 4.0.4 Updates For The Same Device.Though They Have Not Released This Update For All SI Numbers of Neo V, You Can Update It Manually Before They Release ItOfficially For Your MT11i. This Update is Also Available On PCC (PC Companion) & OTA For The Specific SI Numbers of Neo V. If Your Device’s SI Number is Not Listed in The List. Either Wait For The Official Release Or Update It Manually By Following The Procedure Given Below..
Let Us Go For The Remaining Portion of This Article Where We Will Be Checking The Following Things :
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
Procedure To Update Sony Xperia Neo V MT11i With Official ICS 4.0.4.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Sony will Be Held Responsible For It.And Also Please Be Noted That Flashing Firmware May Void Your Device’s Warranty.So Flash It At Your Own Risk.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, You are Now Ready to Move on procedure Where We Will be Checking how to apply ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update in Xperia Neo V.
Procedure To Update Sony Xperia Neo V MT18i With Official ICS 4.0.4 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Which is Mentioned Below :
Xperia Neo V ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package. | 191.67 MB
- Install Flashtool Which You’ve Just Downloaded In Your Computer (For You Convenience, It is Recommended To Install Flash Tool in C: Drive).
- Extract Xperia Neo V ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Update Package (MT11i_4.1.B.0.431_Customized Central Europe 3.ftf.7z) in Your PC, You’ll Get .ftf File.
- Navigate C:–>flashtool–>firmwares Directory.Delete All The Data in That Directory If It is Present Over There.
- Copy/Move The Extracted Firmware Package File (MT11i_4.1.B.0.431_Customized Central Europe 3.ftf) In The C:–>flashtool–>firmwares Directory.
- Now We’ll Proceed To The Actual Firmware Updating Procedure In Our Further Tutorial.
- Open Xperia Flashtool Which You’ve Just Installed.Select Flash Option From The Top Corner of The Tool.(Refer The Image Below).
- You’ll Be Ask To Select Either Flash Mode Or Fastboot Mode.Select Flash Mode & Press Ok.
- After Selecting Flash Mode, Firmware Selection Window Will Appear.In The Left Side Select MT11i (Version 4.1.B.0.431).
- In The Right Side, Tick The Following 4 Options Only.
- Wipe data
- Wipe cache
- Wipe apps log
- No Final Verification
- Press Ok Button. Wait For It To Prepare.Now It will Ask You To Connect Your Mobile, Follow The Steps Carefully & Connect Your Phone.(While Connecting The Device To The Computer, Turn Off Your Xperia Neo V. Press & Hold The Back Key.Now Connect It To The PC).
- As Soon As Connect Your Device To PC, Flashing Process Should Now Start.Once You See The Flashing Finished Message In Flashtool. Remove/Detach The Device From PC & Wait For The Device To Reboot (First Boot After Flashing Firmware Takes More Time Than The Usual.So Don’t Panic & Be Patient).
Congratulations ! By This Time You Have Successfully Update Your Sony Xperia Neo V With Latest Firmware Update of ICS 4.0.4. Now In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing The Firmware, Do Let me Know In Comments.I Will Be There To Assist You As Quick As Possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+