Like Samsung’s Touchwiz NatureX UI, HTC’s Sense UI, Sony has it’s own user interface called Timescape UI. When popularity is concerned, Timescape UI is the best amongst other two. Sony is well known for their hardware and product design. Recently they launched Xperia Z with ton of features and as usual the best hardware. I said best hardware because along with Quad core processor and all that, it is water & dust resistant. One more thing about Xperia Z is it’s OS. Xperia Z comes with Android 4.1.2 on board. This is where Sony lags behind other manufacturers as they are very slow in providing updates.
Though they are slow in rolling out updates but with Timescape UI, the update looks better & that is why it is worth for waiting. After grand success of Xperia Z, Sony is now rolling out JB updates for other devices. And this includes Xperia Go too. Yes official JB update is now available for Xperia Go ST27i. This update has build number 6.2.A.0.400 and can be flashed manually using flashtool.
So go ahead, read & follow the instructions properly and Enjoy the all new Jelly Bean on your Xperia Go ST27i.
Disclaimer: Steps given in this article are risky & can cause damage to your device. You should not try to attempt these things if you are unaware of it. Please follow this guide completely at your own risk. We won’t be held liable if you damage your device while following this guide.
This tutorial is compatible only with Sony Xperia Go ST27i. Implementing it on Xperia Sola / Xperia U or on any other device can cause permanent damage to your device.
- Charge your phone at least up to 70% so that flashing process wont get interrupted.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will get lost after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage).
- Disable Antivirus solution on your PC.
Procedure to Upgrade Sony Xperia Go ST27i to Official Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware (6.2.A.0.400):
- Download Xperia Flashtool from here. Well be using it for flashing the firmware.
- Download Xperia Go ST27i Official Android 4.1.2 JB Firmware package (6.2.A.0.400) from here and save it any convenient location.
- Install Flashtool that you’ve just downloaded in your computer. For the sake of convenience, install it in root directory of C: drive.
- Navigate to C: –> Flashtool –> Firmwares and delete all the data over there if anything is present.
- Now move ST27i_6.2.A.0.400_CE_1257-0353.ftf file in the above mentioned directory.
- Open Xperia Flashtool. Select Flash option (Black Bolt icon) from the top left corner of the tool (Refer to image given below).
- It will ask you to select either Flashmode or Fastboot mode. Select Flashmode & proceed further by hitting OK button.
- On next screen, Firmware selection window will appear. On left side, select ST27i (version 6.2.A.0.400).
- In right side of the tool, tick following 4 options (Caution! Dont tick any other option than 4 mentioned below).
- Wipe data.
- Wipe cache.
- Wipe apps log.
- No final verification.
- Press OK. Wait for Flashtool to prepare firmware installation.
- Now, it will ask you to connect your phone. Before you connect your phone to computer, enter into Flashmode on it. To do so, switch off the phone completely. By holding Volume down key, connect it to PC. If done correctly, you should see a green light on the power.
- After establishing proper connection with the computer, flashing process will start. Firmware installation process may get stuck around 93%, which is normal. It stays there for 20-30 seconds and not more than that.
- Once you get Flashing finished message in Flashtool, remove your phone from PC & wait for it to reboot (It may take more time than usual for booting the device, which is normal. So don’t get panic & be patient).
There you go! Android 4.1.2 JB firmware is successfully installed on your Sony Xperia Go ST27i. Do let us know how JB is doing for you. And lastly, if you need any help, just drop a comment below & we’ll be there for you. Enjoy..
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+