Another Update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 is Rolled Out By Samsung For Galaxy Y Duos S6102.This Update is Released For Indian Region Which Has Baseband Version DDLD4.This Will The Third Gingerbread 2.3.6 Update For Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102.This Update DDLD4 is Also Available Through Kies For India.But Those Who Want To Get This Update On Their Galaxy Y Duos (Irrespective of Region) Can Also Apply The Same(Manually) By Following The Step By Step Procedure Given Below.
So Lets Head To The Rest of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Y Duos I6102 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLD4.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, You are Now Ready to proceed to Further Article where we will check How To Apply Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLD4 Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Y Duos I6102 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLD4 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
- Extract Galaxy Y Duos I6102 Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLD4 Package Files. You’ll Find two files shown in the image below.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button+Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them From The Link Given Below.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “S6102DDLD4_S6102ODDLD2_S6102DDLD4_HOME.tar.md5” File.(See The Image Below)
- Start The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-7 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving The Message “Pass”.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode. The same can be Entered By Holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button Simultaneously.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing Reboot System Now.
Tip: If Something Goes Wrong During Flashing Process i.e, If Process Fails Or Stuck, In That Case Unplug Your Device From Computer, Remove Battery Reinsert It.Again Enter Into The Downloading Mode & Repeat The Whole Process Again.
Congratulations !! By The Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos S6102 With Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDLD4 Firmware Officially.Just Share Your Opinions & Reviews About This Update With Us in Comment Section Below.And In Case If You Face Any Difficulty During This Process, Do Not Hesitate To Report Me in Our Comment Section Below, I will Try to Fix Them As Early As Possible.
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Reason why new HTC One (2014) is having Duo Camera - March 12, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014