Value Pack of Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXLM3 is Available Now.This Update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 is Released By Samsung For Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam Region With The Same Base Firmware (DXLM3). In Due Course of Article, We Will Be Only Checking Malaysia Region Update.But You Can Apply This Update in Your Device Irrespective of Region by Following The Procedure Give Below.Please be Noted That This Update is Only For I8150 & Not For It’s Variants (I8150B). Now We Will See How Can You Apply This Update in Your Galaxy W.
So Let Us Head To The Further Part of This Article Where We will be Checking ,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy W I8150 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXLM3 Firmware.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),Neither We Nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check On how to Apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy W I8150 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXLM3 Firmware :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
- Odin Multi Downloader For GT-I8150
- Gingerbread 2.3.6 DXLM3 Package | 331.46 MB
- Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded. You’ll Find two files shown in the image below:
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin3_v1.84.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded & Extracted in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them From The Link Given Below (Though The Drivers Are Mentioned For Galaxy S, They can Be Used For Any Galaxy Device).
- Windows 32 bit (x86) Drivers.
- Windows 64 bit (x64) Drivers.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “I8150DXLM3_I8150OLBLD1_I8150DXLM2_HOME.tar.md5” File.(See The Image Below).
- Start The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-7 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving The Message “Pass”.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Home Button + Power Button Simultaneously.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing Reboot System Now.
Tip: If Something Goes Wrong During Flashing Process i.e, If Process Fails Or Stuck, In That Case Unplug Your Device From Computer, Remove Battery Reinsert It.Again Enter Into The Downloading Mode & Repeat The Whole Process Again.
Congratulations !! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Device’s Firmware To Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware With the Baseband Version DXLM3.In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Solve It As Soon As Possible.