ICS 4.0.3 Update is Now Available For Samsung Galaxy SII I9100G.Indian Users of Galaxy SII I9100G Can Now Update Their Phones With The Latest Update of ICS 4.0.3 With The Base Firmware As XXLPQ.This Update is Also Made Available Over Kies by Samsung In Indian Region.You Can Apply This Update Manually, Too.Over The Course of This Article We Will be Checking That How Can You Install/Flash The Latest Update of ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Manually By Following The Procedure Given Below.
So Lets Head To The Rest of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Upgrading Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy SII I9100G With ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ.
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Upgrading Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Upgrading Firmware, You are Now Ready to proceed to Further Article where we will check how to apply ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy SII I9100G With ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
Galaxy SII I9100G ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Package. | 397.89 MB
Odin Multi Downloader.
- Extract Galaxy SII I9100G ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Package Files to obtain 2 files shown in the image given below.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them From The Link Given Below (Though The Drivers Are Mentioned For Galaxy S, They can Be Used For Any Galaxy Device).
Windows 32 bit (x86) Drivers.
Windows 64 bit (x64) Drivers.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “I9100GXXLPQ_I9100GODDLP7_I9100GDDLP5_HOME.tar.md5” File.
- Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-6 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving “Pass” Message.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Home Button + Power Button Simultaneously. Now Press Menu Button To Grey Out The Screen To Make Recovery Mode Finally Appear.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing “reboot System Now“.
Congratulations !! You’ve Successfully Updated Your Samsung Galaxy SII I9100G With Latest Official ICS 4.0.3 XXLPQ Firmware Update.Just Share Your Opinions & Reviews About The Update With Us And In Case If You Face Any Difficulty During This Process, Do Not Hesitate To Report Me in The Comment Section Below, I will be There To Solve It As soon As Possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+