Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 Smartphone Now Can Be Updated to Latest Firmware Update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 Having XWKTN As A Base Firmware.As Many People Land It To The Trouble As They Find It Difficult To Update Their Galaxy Mini S5570 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN Firmware Update By Following The Tutorials Given Over The Internet, Therefore I Decided To Put An Article For The Same.This Update is Not Rolled Out For Any Specific Region & Hence May Not Be Available Through Kies.But Still Its An Official Update Released By Samsung & Can Be Applied To Your Phone By Following the Procedure Given Below.
So Let Us Head To The Further Part of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),Neither We Nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Held Any Responsibility for It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- It is highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check On how to Apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
- Odin Multi Downloader + Ops File For GT-S5570.
- Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN Package. | 119.88 MB
Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN Package Info :
PDA : S5570XWKTN
CSC : S5570OXXKTB
- Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded.Youll Find These Five Files.
- Ignore SS_DL.dll File As This is Just A Script File Therefore We Dont Need It.
Note : Please Match All The Files From The Image Given Below.If You Miss Any of The File Then You Need To Download The Whole Package Once Again.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button+Menu Button+Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open S5570_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them Them From The Link Given Below.(Though The Drivers Are Mentioned For Galaxy S, They can Be Used For Any Galaxy Device).
- Windows 32 bit (x86) Drivers.
- Windows 64 bit (x64) Drivers.
- Uncheck One Package Installation & Now Select/Locate The Files For The Respective Tabs As Mentioned Below (Or Refer The Image Given Below).
- OPS : TASS_v1.0.ops
- BOOT : APBOOT_S5570XWKTN_CL1019135_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
- Phone : MODEM_S5570XWKTN_CL1019135_REV02.tar.md5
- PDA : CODE_S5570XWKTN_CL1019135_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
- CSC : CSC_S5570XWKTN_CL1019135_REV02_user_low_true.tar.md5
- Simply Press Start Button To Initiate The Process.You Will See The Things Like mibib,qcsbl,oemsbl… Coming While Process is Going On.
- As Soon As Process Will Get Over, ID:COM Section Will Turn “Blue” Giving The Message “Pass“.
- The Whole Process of Flashing The Firmware Will Take Hardly 5-6 Minutes.So After Getting Pass Message Your Device Will Be Rebooted Automatically.Just Switch Off It Again As We Have Not Completed The Whole Process.
- After Switching Off Your Device, You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Mode Can be Entered By Holding Power Off + Menu Button Simultaneously (Until Recovery Mode Appears).
- In The Recovery Mode Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.Now Select “Reboot System Now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Wait Until Device Reboots As It Will Take More Time To Restart The Device Than The Usual.As Soon As It Gets Restarted You Will Enter Into The Home Screen.
Congratulations !! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Galaxy Mini S5570 To Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware With the Baseband Version XWKTN.In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Solve It As Soon As Possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+