This is A Very Good News To Hear That Cyanogenmod Team Has Released Official CM7 For Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570.Though This is A Nightly Update In The Form of Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC2, They Are Looking Forward To Release Stable Version Very Soon.Over The Period of This Article We Will be Checking That How Can You This Latest Cyanogenmod Update In Your Phone.
Please Be Noted That This Update of Cyanogenmod is Not Released By Samsung Electronics Ltd.This is Custom ROM Released By Cyanogenmod Team Officially (For More Info Head Over To The Official Cyanogenmod Website).
Let Us Head To the Rest of This Article Where We Will Be Checking Following Things,
- Cyanogenmod 7.2 Features & Changelog.
- Essential Steps Before Installing/Flashing Custom ROM.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 With Official Cyanogenmod 7.2 (CM7).
Disclaimer : We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Cyanogenmod Team will Be Held Responsible For It.
Cyanogenmod 7.2 Features & Changelog :
- Translations Updated.
- T9 Predictive Phone Dialer.
- Fixed Media player & Voice Recorder.
- Fixed Profile Resets.
- Wi-Fi Fixes.
- Control Haptic Feedback in Quiet Hours.
- Updated Lockscreens With New Styles.
- ICS Telephony Fix.
- ICS Transition Effects.
- ICS Rotation Effects.
- Allow Photo Storage Selection When Available.
- Improved Calendar Reminder Options.
- Fixed Color Banding In Gallery.
- ADB Over Network.
- Configured Status Bar Battery Icon.
Essential Steps Before Installing/Flashing Custom ROM :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, You are Now Ready to proceed to Further Article where we will check how to apply Cyanogenmod 7.2 Custom ROM Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 With Official Cyanogenmod 7.2 (CM7) :
For Simplicity We Have Divided This Article In 3 Simple Steps.
Step 1 : Base Firmware Installation
- As Cyanogenmod 7 Runs Only On Devices Having Gingerbread 2.3.x , You Must Be Running Gingerbread & NOT Any Older Version of Android.If Your Device is Running Older Version of Android Than The Gingerbread Then Follow The Procedure Given Below.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 With Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 XWKTN Firmware
Step 2 : Installation of Custom Recovery (Clockworkmod Recovery)
- For Flashing Custom ROMs Your Device Must have Custom Recovery Installed As You Can Not Flash Any Custom ROM Through Stock Recovery.
- Follow These Steps To Install/Flash Custom Recovery (CWM) Into Your Device :
- Download These 2 Files Which Are Mentioned Below In Your Computer.
Odin Multi Downloader For S5570.
Clockworkmod Recovery Package.
- Extract The 1st File Which You’ve just Downloaded.You’ll Find S5570_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38.exe & TASS_v1.0.ops Files.
- Now Turn Off Your Device & Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Menu Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- Connect Your Device To The Computer & Open S5570_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38.exe.
- By This Time The ID:COM Section Will Turn Yellow.It Means Your Device is Detected.If ID:COM Section Doesn’t Turn Yellow The You Need To Install Drivers For Your Device From The Link Given Below.(Though The Drivers Are Mentioned For Galaxy S, They can Be Used For Any Galaxy Device).
Windows 32 bit (x86) Drivers.
Windows 64 bit (x64) Drivers.
- Ensure That The One Package is Checked Right Below ID:COM Box.
- Select OPS Tab & Locate TASS_v1.0.ops
- Press One Package Button & Locate tass-recovery-cwm.tar
- Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button & Wait Until You See The Pass Message As Soon As ID:COM Section Turns Blue.
- Disconnect Your Device From Computer.
- Custom Clockwork Mod Recovery Has Been Successfully Installed In Your Device.
In Next Step We Will Be Checking That How Can Flash/Install Cyanogenmod 7.2 Custom ROM Update In Your Phone.
Step 3 : Installation of Cyanogenmod 7.2 Custom ROM
- Download The 2 Files Mentioned Below.
Cyanogenmod 7.2 Package.
Google Apps. (Optional)
- Transfer Both The Files To Your SD Card.
- Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Menu Button Simultaneously.Hold It Until You See The Recovery.
- In Recovery Mode, Select Install zip From SD Card & Locate update-cm-7.2.0-RC2-tass-signed.zip, Install It.
- Wait Until Cyanogenmod Get Flashed.
- Similarly, If You Want To Flash Google Apps Follow The Same Procedure From Step 3.(Cyanogenmod Does Not Include Google App Due To Some Restrictions & Therefore You Have To Flash it Manually).
- After It Gets Installed, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition From Recovery Mode Itself.
- Now Select Reboot System.After Restarting It Will Take Some Time For The First Boot & After Your Device Successfully Booted, It Will be Running Cyanogenmod 7.2.
Congratulations ! By This Time You Have Successfully Installed/Flashed Latest Official Update of Cyanogenmod 7.2 RC2 In Your Galaxy Mini.In Case If You Want To Share Opinions Or Face Any Problems During The Process, Comment Section is Always Yours.Good Luck..
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+