- Enhancements in ICS 4.0.4 (CM9) Beta 7 for Galaxy Mini,
- Essential Steps Before Installing ROM
- Procedure to update Galaxy Mini s5570 with ICS 4.0.4 Cyanogen MOD 9 Release.
Disclaimer: We have made this article covering each and every part at our level best. In case if any damage happens to your device (it should not be), neither we nor developer will be held liable for it.
Enhancements in the ICS 4.0.4(CM9) Beta 7:
- Android updated to 4.0.4.
- FM Working.
- Clean Cyanogen Mod 9 Sources.
- Smooth windows animations.
- New phone lock animation.
- Hardware acceleration on most video formats (not all).
- Smooth videos on YouTube (LQ only right now).
- Fully working deep sleep.
- GSM fully works (signal indicator/mobile data/phone calls/messages etc.)
- Updated Google Apps.
- Flickering is Gone.
- Working native mass storage.
- New kernel, updated to 220.127.116.11perf-CL945787.
- Smoother than Gingerbread.
- Good System performance.
- Improved GPU performance.
- Removed UMS app.
- New Adreno 200 libraries for ICS.
- Fast and Smooth System.
- Working Live Wallpapers (won’t slowdown your system, like before or on Gingerbread).
- All time Gallery and Calculator.
- Working Gmail App.
- Smooth And Fast Native Browser.
- All Apps with Graphics Problems are Fixed.
- Updated AOSP/CM9 sources.
- Updated Audio Libraries.
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
- Your Device Must Be Running Gingerbread 2.3.x ROM. This ROM will not Work on Froyo 2.2.x.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will be checking how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 with ICS 4.0.4 (CM9) Beta 7:
For Simplicity we have divided whole procedure in two simple steps.
Step 1: Clock Work MOD Installation
- First up you need to download these two files CWM-18.104.22.168-Touch.tar.md5 & odin+tass.zip. Extract odin+tass.ops file and find Odin_v4.38.exe And tass.ops in your extracted folder.
- Now, Switch off your Device and enter into download mode by pressing ‘Power + Home Button + Volume Down Button’ till downloading mode appears. Open odin_v4.38.exe. Place ‘tass.ops’ on OPS tab. Place ‘CWM-22.214.171.124-Touch.tar.md5′ in PDA tab. Connect the device to PC which you have put in downloading mode. Press start and wait for flashing process to get finished (until you see Pass message).
After this you will have to proceed to the next step which is mentioned Further
Step 2: Installation of ICS 4.0.4 CM9:
- First up you need to download Zip file of ROM in Your Computer which is mentioned Below. Also you have to separately download and flash Gaps as ROM doesn’t has them pre-installed.
- Now, once you are done with downloading the above files in your computer, you need to now copy the files in your phone and ensure that you are not placing these file deep into the phone. Please note that you should not modify or rename the files which you have downloaded or else there is a high probability that the file would not be supported.
- After this enter in recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Power Off + Home Button simultaneously.
- In the recovery mode, you will have to choose choose zip from SD. Now, from the list of files and paths you will need to first select the file which is named as “cm-9-20121110-UNOFFICIAL-tass.zip” (or which you have copied to SD earlier). Ensure that you select the file properly.
- To install Google Apps, again select ‘install zip from sdcard’ followed by ‘choose zip from sdcard’, now navigate to GApps package and select it to install.
- Now, as soon as the process is over. Select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ And ‘wipe cache partition’ & then select ‘reboot system now’.
Note: It will take some time for the first boot as you are flashing the ROM for first time. After 1st boot, your device will boot normally.
So as soon as the firmware updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and Cheers, you have now successfully updated your device to latest update of ICS Beta 7. (You can check it from Settings -> About Phone). Do let me know in the comment Section just in case if you face any issues, I will try to answer it as soon as possible.
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014
- Update Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Carbon ROM - February 5, 2014