Cyanogenmod 10.1 is here especially for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L) users. It is based on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean. After CM7, CM9 and CM10, many android users were waiting for this one.
CM 10.1 is undoubtedly the most popular Custom ROM due to its ton of great features, the type of polish and support which makes everyone to fall in love with. Its stable, super fast, and definitely worth a look.
The UI is absolutely gorgeous. You can customize it with a wide range of themes available. This ROM is especially for those who want a full level control over graphical customizations and also want a simple android experience. It lets you tinker with its advanced performance settings which include the CPU speed.
It offers a lot more in terms of enhanced features which makes the Music client more customizable. This CM has enough unique features that take your device beyond Android. You will get a device thats much easier and more fun to use once you install this ROM.
Disclaimer: We are not liable for any damage caused to your device while flashing the ROM. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still you must follow all the instructions given below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Grand Duos model number (I9082/I9082L). So dont even think of flashing if youre having another device except the one mentioned as it may result into unwanted outcomes. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also you must backup all your important data including contacts, messages, internet APNs etc. so that in case you face any problem during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- Note that you must have Custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash Cyanogenmod 10.1 Custom ROM. If you haven’t installed it yet, you can follow this guide for the same.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos (I9082/I9082L) with Cyanogenmod 10.1 Custom ROM:
- Download the Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM from the given link below:
Click Here to Download (Official ROM development page)
- Download the Google Apps from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Power Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from sd card & then choose zip from sd card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- ROM installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM gets flashed, again select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition.
- Now, follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore.
There you go..! After restarting you will be happy to see your device successfully running on Cyanogenmod 10.1 ROM. If you have any suggestions or issues regarding this ROM then please dont hesitate to contact us in the comments section below. We will try our best to clear them.