Sony launched its full featured Xperia Z Smartphone in this Jan which made a strong impact on many Android users. It had all those breath taking features that made everyone to fall in love with. All these stunning features made it much expensive and that’s why users preferred some low budget handsets.
But the Galaxy Grand Duos users can be able to feel the Xperia Z touch on their device. Yes, it is possible now because here we bring for you Xperia Z Custom ROM especially for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 users. It is developed by XDA member Balliboxer.
All the Sony lovers will definitely enjoy and love this ROM. It is fully packed with tons of Xperia Z features and has the type of polish that makes it easy to use. It is super fast, stable, and definitely worth a look.
The developer has removed much of the unnecessary system apps and Bloatwares but you can still enjoy the features coming with your Galaxy Grand duos. It is Deodexed and Zipaligned with Busybox to give you a complete Jelly Bean experience. Also it is Pre-Rooted with Chainfire’s Superuser for giving better Rooting experience. Let’s check out some of its features.
- For improving performance it has Init.d Support, Init.d Tweaks, Build.prop Tweaks
- Fully fixed boot and launcher
- Fixed many bugs
- Included XperiaZ Launcher
- Included XperiaZ new HD Wallpaper Picker, Album
- XperiaZ Lockscreen, Bootanimation
- XperiaZ Walkman Player
- XperiaZ System UI, XperiaZ System Sounds
- XperiaZ Fonts, Icons
- Clear Audio+
- BRAVIA Engine
- Four way reboot
- Themed recent apps
- Battery Saving tweaks for extended Battery Life
Try this at your own risk. We are not at all responsible for any of the damage caused to your device after following this procedure. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still we highly recommend you to follow all the instructions properly as they are mentioned below.
This article is compatible only and only with Galaxy Grand Duos model number GT-I9082/I9082L. So don’t even think of flashing if you’re having another device except the one mentioned as your device may get bricked or may result into unwanted outcomes. You must check your device’s model number in Settings -> About Phone.
- You must enable the USB Debugging in your device so as to connect your device to PC by following the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it won’t get turn off during the process.
- Also we highly recommend you to backup all your Phone data and settings including contacts, SMS/MMS and call logs etc. before following the given article. You must also note down the internet APNs from Settings-> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Network -> Access Point Names. So that in case you face any trouble during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must take a backup of ˜EFS‘ folder which contains your phone’s IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. It is highly recommended as in case if this folder gets wiped by mistake then your device will not get the network signal which will result in problems for making or receiving calls. So just copy that folder from the root location of your phones internal partition to your external memory card. (Note: For copying this folder your device must have Root Access).
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- You must have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash XPERIAZ Custom ROM. If you haven’t installed it yet, follow this guide for the same.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 with XPERIAZ Custom ROM:
- Download the XPERIAZ CUSTOM ROM from the given link below:
- Click Here to Download (Official ROM Development page)
- Download the Google Apps from the given link below:
- Click here to Download
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Volume Up + Home Button (middle button) + Power Button simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for Navigation and Home Button for Selection).
- It is necessary to make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight ˜backup and restore‘ option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose ˜backup‘ to start the backup process.
- Now Select ˜wipe data/factory reset‘ and ˜wipe cache partition‘ to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select ˜install zip from SD card‘ & then ˜choose zip from SD card‘. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the XPERIAZ CUSTOM ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing ˜Yes‘.
- ROM installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as XPERIA Z CUSTOM ROM gets flashed, again select ˜wipe data/factory reset‘ followed by ˜wipe cache partition‘
- Now, follow the same above procedure for flashing Google Apps.
- Restart your device by pressing ˜reboot system now‘ from the Recovery mode itself.
- The new ROM will take more time than usual to restart.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select ˜Backup and Restore‘ option and then on next screen select ˜Restore‘
Yieepi..! That’s it. After restarting you will see your device successfully running on XPERIAZ Custom ROM. Enjoy and experience the ultimate performance of your Smartphone with this ROM. If you face any kind of difficulty while going through this procedure then do let us know in the comments section below. All your suggestions or issues will be pleasingly accepted and an exact solution will be given.
Stay tuned to get more updates and don’t forget to like our Facebook page as well as to follow us on Google+.
The following two tabs change content below.
Residing in Pune (India), Abhijeet is a Tech lover and enthusiast about all-things Android. He is a hardcore PC Gamer and likes to play Football as well.
Follow him on Google+