This is a Great News For Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Owners that There Device Has been Managed By Galaxyics Team to Get Cream of ICS 4.0.4.Though Samsung is not Officially Releasing ICS Update for Devices Running on ARM v6 Processors,GalaxyICS Team Have Ported For Our Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 Unofficially.Now Lets Head to the Further Article.
In the Due Course of this article We will be checking,
- Whats New in this ROM.
- Whats Not Working on This Custom ROM.
- Essential Steps Before Installing ROM.
- Procedure to Update Galaxy Gio S5660 with ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware.
Disclaimer: At Samsung Galaxy Series, We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),We will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Whats New in This Beta 7 Update (Changelog):
- New Adreno 200 libraries for ICS.
- Fast and Smooth System.
- Working Live Wallpapers (won’t slowdown your system, like before or on Gingerbread).
- All time Gallery and Calculator.
- Working Gmail App.
- Smooth And Fast Native Browser.
- All Apps with Graphics Problems are Fixed.
- Updated AOSP/CM9 sources.
- Updated Audio Libraries.
Whats Not Working:
- FM Radio.
- Some Other Bugs.
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 60% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check on how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure to Update Galaxy Gio S5660 with ICS Android 4.0.4 Beta 7 Firmware:
- Before Proceeding, Your Device Must Custom Recovery Image Installed in it. As without Having Custom recovery installed,you cannot apply this update of ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware.
Tip: For the Users who are Already on Custom ROM, They Can Directly Install This Update Through CWM.
- Your Device must be on Gingerbread 2.3.x ROM.Update Can not be Applied in Case If You Are on Froyo 2.2.x.
- For Installation of Custom Recovery i.e., Clockworkmod Recovery(CWM),Follow the Procedure Given Below:
- Firstly You Need to Download Following Two Files
- Custom Recovery Package For Gio.zip
- For Downloading Beta 7 Update, Head Over To the Galaxyics.com, Click On The Download Tab, Then Select The Samsung Galaxy Gio. After Selecting The Device, Click On Releases, Select Beta 7 Update (8 Apr 2012) & Download “cm_gio-ota-eng.08042012.zip“.
- As soon As you download the above file, you then need to connect your Device to the PC using the USB Cable. After Connecting your Device to PC select USB Mass Storage on your Phone & then Copy down both the Files on Your Device named as “CWM-126.96.36.199-ext4-For-Gio.zip” & “Samsung-Galaxy-Gio-ICS-Beta7-CM9.zip”.
- After Transferring the File to Your Phone, disconnect the phone from the computer and then Switch Off the phone so that you can then Enter into the Recovery mode. The recovery mode can be entered by Holding Center button+Power Button Simultaneously Until Recovery Mode Appears.
- In the recovery mode, you need to select the option of install zip from SD card and then choose zip from SD Card after which you will see the list of files which are there in the phone. then Locate “CWM-188.8.131.52-ext4-For-Gio.zip” which You Have Copied Earlier.Install It.It will installed in 3-5 minutes & again in the Recovery Mode itself, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition.
- Now Restart Your Phone & Again into the Recovery Mode.Now You’ll see Custom Recovery Installed On Your Gio.Now Again Select “install zip from SD Card” & this Time Select “cm_gio-ota-eng.08042012.zip“.
- As Soon As Installation Completed,Select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition.
- It will take around 10-12 minutes for the whole process of update to get completed. Once the update process is done, the device will be landing up in the recovery mode. Now, select ++++ Go Back ++++ > reboot system now so that the device will restart successfully.
So as soon as the firmware updated successfully, the device will be rebooted and Cheers, you have now successfully updated Your Device to Latest Version of ICS 4.0.4 Beta 7 Update.(You can Check it by Settings->About Phone). Do let me know in the comment Section just in case if you face any issues, I will try to fix it as soon as Possible.
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014
- Update Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Carbon ROM - February 5, 2014