All New Update of Gingerbread 2.3.6 is Arrived For Samsung Galaxy Gio S5560.This Update is Officially Rolled Out Samsung For Germany Region & It is Released With The Base Firmware XXKTL.This Firmware Update Can be Applied In Any Other Region Than The Germany.You Can Update your Device By Heading To The Procedure Given Below.
So Let Us Head To The Further Part of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKTL Firmware.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),Neither We Nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check On how to Apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKTL Firmware :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
- Odin Multi Downloader + Ops File For GT-S5660.
- Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXKTL Package.
- Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin_Multi_Downloader_v4.42.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded & Extracted in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Samsung Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them From The Link Given Below.
- Windows 32 Bit (x86) Drivers.
- Windows 64 Bit (x64) Drivers.
- Select OPS Tab & Locate GIO_v1.0.ops.
- Mark One Package & Select The S5660XXKTL_S5660XXKT7_S5660DBTKT1_HOME.tar.md5 From One Package.
- Simply Press Start Button To Initiate The Process.You Will See The Things Like mibib,qcsbl,oemsbl… Coming While Process is Going On.
- As Soon As Process Will Get Over, ID:COM Section Will Turn “Blue” Giving The Message “Pass“.
- The Whole Process of Flashing The Firmware Will Take Hardly 5-6 Minutes.So After Getting Pass Message Your Device Will Be Rebooted Automatically.Just Switch Off It Again As We Have Not Completed The Whole Process.
- After Switching Off Your Device, You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Mode Can be Entered By Holding Power Off + Menu Button Simultaneously (Until Recovery Mode Appears).
- In The Recovery Mode Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.Now Select “Reboot System Now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Wait Until Device Reboots As It Will Take More Time To Restart The Device Than The Usual.As Soon As It Gets Restarted You Will Enter Into The Home Screen.
Congratulations !! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Device’s Firmware To Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware With the Baseband Version XXKTL. In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Solve It As Soon As Possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+