Grand success of Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 lead Samsung to release Galaxy Ace S5830i & they just did not release S5830i but also rolling out new updates frequently. For Indian region Samsung has released latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware update in the form of XXLD3 as a base firmware. Over the period of this article we will be checking that how can you apply this latest firmware update in your Device.
So Let us head to the further part of this article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXLD3 Firmware.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),Neither We Nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I With Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXLD3 Firmware :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
Odin Multi Downloader For GT-S5830I.
Gingerbread 2.3.6 XXLD3 Package | 125.94 MB
Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded.Youll Find These Two Files :S5830iXXLD3_S5830iODDLD2_RST_S5830iDDLD1_HOME.tar.md5 & SS_DL.dll. Ignore SS_DL.dll File As This is Just A Script File Therefore We Dont Need It.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode. Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Volume down + Volume Up + Power key together.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now OpenOdin3_v1.84.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded & Extracted in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them From The Link Given Below.
Windows 32 bit (x86) Drivers.
Windows 64 bit (x64) Drivers.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “S5830iXXLD3_S5830iODDLD2_RST_S5830iDDLD1_HOME.tar.md5” File.(See The Image Below).
- Start The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-7 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving The Message “Pass”.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Volume Up Button + Volume down + Home Button + Power key Simultaneously.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing Reboot System Now.
Tip: If Something Goes Wrong During Flashing Process i.e, If Process Fails Or Stuck, In That Case Unplug Your Device From Computer, Remove Battery Reinsert It.Again Enter Into The Downloading Mode & Repeat The Whole Process Again.
Congratulations !! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Device’s Firmware To Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware With the Baseband Version XXLD3.In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Solve It As Soon As Possible.
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+