Today We Have Come Up With A New Custom ROM For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. It is Specially Dedicated To Xperia Lovers i.e Those Who Wants To Run Xperia Interface On Their Ace.Please Be Noted That This is Not The Official Firmware Update Released By Samsung But is the Custom ROM.In Due Course of The Article We Will Check Out On How Can You Apply This Update of Xperiatized ROM in Your Galaxy Ace.
Let Us Move To The Rest Portion Of the Article Where We Will Be Checking The Following Things,
Features & Changelog of Xperiatized V11 ROM.
- Essential Steps Before Installing Custom ROM On Samsung Galaxy Ace.
- Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Xperiatized V11 Custom ROM
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We Nor Developer Will Be Responsible for It.
Features & Changelog of Xperiatized V11 ROM :
- Modded SMS/MMS To Xperia Styles.
- Modded Dialer Better to Xperia Style.
- Modded Lockscreen to Ultimate Xperia S Lockscreen .
- Centered lock clock .
- Modified Gallery to Xperia Style.
- Modded Desk Clock to Xperia Style.
- Added Swipe to Remove.
- Changed Kernel to Battery Extender.
- Added SuperSU to Kernel.
Added ICS styled Settings.
XDA Developer : CoolCatGetHome.
ROM Thread At XDA : XperiaTized V11 GT-Xperia S
Essential Steps Before Installing ROM:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check on how to apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Tip: For the Users who are Already on Custom ROM, They Can Directly Install This Update Through CWM.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Xperiatized V11 Custom ROM :
For Simplicity We Have Divide This Article in 2 Simple Steps:
Step 1: Installation of Base Firmware
- Your Device Must Be Running Gingerbread 2.3.x ROM. This Update Can not be Applied in Case If You Are Running Froyo 2.2.x.
- If Your Device is Not Running On Gingerbread 2.3.x, Please Follow the Procedure to Update It to Latest 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Firmware.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Ace with Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8
Step 2: Installation of Custom Recovery & Xperiatized ROM Update
Before Proceeding, you need to Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 As Without Which You Can Not Apply The Update of Xperiatized ROM.
- Firstly You Need To Download Custom Recovery Package & Xperiatized ROM Mentioned Below :
- Clockwork Mod Recovery 5.zip
Xperiatized V11 ROM. | 108.15 MB
- Once You Download The Two Files In Your PC , Connect Your Device To The Computer & Transfer Both The Files To Your Device’s Memory Card (SD Card). Ensure That You Are Not Placing These Files In The Deep Directories.
After Transferring The Files To The Memory Card. Switch off Your Device & Enter Into The Recovery Mode. Recovery Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Home Button + Power Button Simultaneously Until Recovery Mode Appears.
Note : In Recovery Mode Touch Will Not Work. So Use The Volume Up & Down Key For Navigation & Home Button For Selection.
- In The Recovery Mode Select “apply sdcard:update.zip” & Then Locate “recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-galaxyace-fix.zip“. Now Select It By Pressing Home Button & Choose Yes To Install It. Wait Until It Installs Custom Recovery.
- As Soon As Custom Recovery Gets Installed, Switch Off The Device & Again Enter Into The Recovery Mode. Now You Will See That The Stock Recovery is Now Replaced By The Custom Clockworkmod Recovery i.e., You are Now Ready To Flash Any Flashable Custom ROM Through It.
- In CWM Recovery Select “install zip from sd” & Navigate Update-XperiaTized-V11-4-6-12.zip ROM File Which You’ve Just Downloaded & Transferred To The SD. Select It By Pressing Home Button & Choose Yes To Install It.
- ROM Flashing Process Will Take Hardly 2-3 Minutes. Now As Soon As Xperiatized ROM Gets Flashed, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition. Restart Your Device By Pressing “reboot system now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Your System Will be Restarted. (First Boot After Flashing New ROM Takes More Time Than The Usual).
Congratulation ! After Restarting You Will See That Your Device’s Firmware is Successfully Updated & By This Time You’ll Be Enjoying Xperiatized ROM On Your Phone.You Can It Here : Settings->About Phone.If Any Problem Persist During The Process of Flashing, Do Let Me Know In Comments, I Will There To Help You As Fast As I Can..
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+