Here It Comes Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Update For Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.This Update is Officially Rolled Out By Samsung For Indian Users.But Irrespective Of Region, Anyone From Region Other Than India Can Apply This Update To Their Samsung Galaxy Ace. In Due Course Of This Article We Are Going See That How Can You Apply This Firmware Update In Your Phone.
Note: This Update Can Not Installed/Flashed Through Kies in Other Regions Than India As Kies Will Not Show Any Update For Your Phone
So Let Us Head To The Further Part of This Article Where We will be Checking,
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Firmware.
Disclaimer:We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be),We will Not Held Any Responsibility for It.
Tip For Indian Users : Indian Users Can Directly Upgrade Their Firmware From Device Itself.By Following “Settings->About Phone->Software Update” Path, Download 14 MB Update And Wait For The Device To Upgrade Your Firmware.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware :
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned in Essential Steps Before Installing ROM, you are now ready to proceed further where we will check On how to Apply this Firmware Update in your phone.
Procedure To Update Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 With Gingerbread 2.3.6 DDKQ8 Firmware :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Following Two Files :
- Extract Both The Files In A Particular Folder which You’ve Just Downloaded.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode. Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button+Menu Button+Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Your Phone Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open S5830_Odin+Multi+Downloader+v4.38.exe Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Yellow.If It isn’t Then You Need To Install Drivers in Your PC By Downloading Them.
- Select OPS Tab & Locate Cooper_v1.0.ops.
- Mark One Package & Select The S5830DDKQ8_S5830ODDKQ7_S5830DDKQ8_HOME.tar.md5 From One Package.
- Simply Press Start Button To Initiate The Process.You Will See The Things Like mibib,qcsbl,oemsbl… Coming While Process is Going On.
- As Soon As Process Will Get Over, ID:COM Section Will Turn “Blue” Giving The Message “Pass“.
- The Whole Process of Flashing The Firmware Will Take Hardly 5-6 Minutes.So After Getting Pass Message Your Device Will Be Rebooted Automatically.Just Switch Off It Again As We Have Not Completed The Whole Process.
- After Switching Off Your Device, You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode.Recovery Mode Can be Entered By Holding Power Off + Menu Button Simultaneously (Until Recovery Mode Appears).
- In The Recovery Mode Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition. Now Select “Reboot System Now” From The Recovery Mode Itself.
- Wait Until Device Reboots As It Will Take More Time To Restart The Device Than The Usual. As Soon As It Gets Restarted You Will Enter Into The Home Screen.
Congratulations !! By This Time You’ve Successfully Updated Your Device’s Firmware To Latest Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware With the Baseband Version DDKQ8.In Case If You Face Any Difficulty While Flashing/Installing This Firmware, Do Let Me Know in Comments, I will Try To Solve It As Soon As Possible.
Latest posts by Viraj Kshatriya (see all)
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat update makes its way to Xperia M via HellKat ROM - February 24, 2014
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now available for Sony Xperia Ray - February 10, 2014
- Update Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via Carbon ROM - February 5, 2014