Note series from Samsung is proven one of the best selling series in the current mobile market. Because of it’s wide & large display, it gives you feel like both phone & tablet and therefore together it is called asPhablet. Not only its larger screen but also because of its unique features like S-Pen, it is widely popular amongst the people.
Samsung started Note series with Galaxy Note N7000. Later on, they launched Note 2 GT-N7100. Now the time has arrived that they are going to launch Note 3 as well. With every device in Note series, the screen size is getting bigger & bigger (that is why people are so attracted towards it). But while choosing a device, one should check all of its specifications. No doubt that Galaxy Note has superior specifications but one thing that it lags is OS. Operating system plays major role while handling the device.
Galaxy Note was launched with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread on board. Henceforth, it was upgrade to Android 4.0.4 ICS and now it’s time for Jelly Bean. You got it right. Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is now available for Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
Follow the step by step guide given below & enjoy Android 4.1.2 XXLT5 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy Note N7000.
Disclaimer: The steps mentioned ahead are considered as risky and can cause damage to your phone if not followed properly. It is requested that you shouldn’t follow this guide unless you know what are you doing with your device. Read and follow all the steps at your own risk only. We at AndroidLegend.com won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your Phablet.
This update of Android 4.1.2 XXLT5 firmware is released by Samsung for Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Flashing it on other phone or on any other device can make it semi bricked (or dead too)..
- Charge your device up to 75% battery level to avoid interruptions while flashing the firmware.
- It is highly recommended to backup all your data from internal storage memory (includes contacts, messages (SMS/MMS), call logs, Internet APNs etc.). Your phone data will vanish after installation of this firmware (excluding External storage like SD card).
- Samsung device drivers must be installed on your computer in order to make the phone recognized by it (PC). You can install the same by installing Samsung Kies. To download it manually, click here. OR Download appropriate (according to Windows, you’re running) device drivers directly from below mentioned links:
- Windows 32 bit x86 drivers
- Windows 64 bit x64 drivers
- Turn off Windows firewall or any other Security software installed in the computer.
Procedure to Upgrade Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLT5 Jelly Bean Firmware (Android 4.1.2):
- Download Odin Multi Downloader v3.07 (Samsung’s Official firmware flashing tool) & Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Package from the links mentioned below :
- Odin Multi Downloader v3.07
- Download Android 4.1.2 XXLT5 for Galaxy Note N7000
- Extract firmware package (.zip file) to any convenient location on your PC. You’ll find a file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Now, turn off the phone completely. Enter into download mode. For doing the same, press & hold Volume down + Home button (Middle one). While holding both buttons, simply press Power key till you see the warning message appeared on your phone screen. Press Volume up to continue. Finally you’ll see the construction Android robot & a yellow triangle, that means your device has entered in download mode.
- Open Odin Multi Downloader tool on your Computer which you’ve just downloaded & connect the phone using USB cable.
- If your phone is connected successfully, youll see that the ID:COM section (located at top left) is turned blue with a random COM port number appeared below it (If your ID:COM box doesnt turn out to be blue, don’t worry. Just install Samsung drivers using the link mentioned in Pre-requisites).
- In Odin, select PDA tab & choose “N7000XXLT5_N7000XXLT3_N7000XEZLT2_HOME.tar.md5″ file. Keep all the remaining options as they are & make sure that Re-Partition box is not ticked.
- Finally hit Start button to initiate the flashing process of Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy Note N7000. Wait till Odin finishes its task. When flashing process gets done, Odin will display the ‘Pass’ message above ID:COM (with the Green background color) & device will restart automatically.
- Unplug the device from Computer.
- Now you will need to factory reset the phone in order to avoid boot loops & malfunctioning of the same (like FCs and all).
- To factory reset, youll have to boot in the recovery mode. The same can be achieved by following some simple steps.
- Switch off the phone (you can do this either by removing battery or pressing power button).
- Press & hold Volume up + Home button together & then press Power key. You can release Power button as soon as Samsung logo appears.
- Your device is now booted into recovery mode.
- Since touch wont work in recovery, use Volume up/down & power key only for navigation & selection respectively.
- Now highlight Wipe data/factory reset by using Volume buttons & select it using power key. The same you have to do with Wipe Cache.
- After getting done with all these things, select reboot system now option to restart the phone.
- You may see that the phone is taking a too long time to boot than usual but dont worry it’s normal & this is for the first time only.
Voila! You’ve successfully flashed Android 4.1.2 XXLT5 Jelly Bean Firmware on your Galaxy Note N7000. Report us how it is working for you. Feel free to ask any doubt in comment section below, we will try our best to answer you as quick as possible.
For future updates, like our Facebook page & Follow us on Google+.
The following two tabs change content below.
Hello everyone, I'm Viraj, the chief editor at Android Legend. When I'm not checking out the latest stuff happening in Android, I mostly spend my time flashing different ROMs, testing Android apps & games. Feel free to join me on Google+