A couple of days ago Google released Android 4.4.3 update for the Nexus devices . Samsung also testing it on their flagship devices. Meanwhile they are also updating other premium devices to Android 4.4.2 KitKat and one of them is Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200.
One of the largest phablet in the mobile industry has received mixed response from the users. And to attract more customers to it, Samsung has decided to upgrade it latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat update. The official I9200XXUDNE4 is available for this mobile. Currently only 3G version of Galaxy Mega 6.3 has received this update and that too only in Russia. So the users in Russia can get this update OTA.
For the user from other countries can get this update manually using Odin tool. Go through this article thoroughly to update your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9200 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The steps mentioned in the further article are considered as risky and can cause damage to your mobile. It is requested that you should not go for it if you are unaware of all these things. Read article completely before executing the steps. We are not responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This official update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat by Samsung is built only for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 with model number I9200. Installing it on any other model will cause severe damage to it. Check model number as
Menu -> Settings -> About device -> model number
Caution: Once you update your mobile to Android 4.4 KitKat officially, you cannot revert back to Jelly bean by any means.
- Ensure that your phone is sufficiently charged (at least 70%) so that installation will get interrupted.
- It is necessary to take a backup of important data such as SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory card as it gets erased permanently during the installation. You may find following articles important to do so.
- How to Backup Android Contacts and Text Messages (SMS / MMS).
- How to Backup Call logs, APNs and EFS folder from your Android Device.
- Disable windows firewall or all other antivirus software on your computer temporary.
- Make sure that you have installed device specific drivers on your computer.
- Download I9200XXUDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3.
- Android 4.4.2 I9200XXUDNE4 firmware.
- For flashing this firmware you will need a tool called Odin. This tool is made by Samsung which is used for flashing firmware on Samsung mobiles. Download and install Odin v3.09 on your computer.
- Odin Multi-Downloader v3.09
- Extract SER-I9200XXUDNE4-20140529165949.zip file and you will get file with extension ‘.tar.md5’.
- Now switch off your mobile and boot it into downloading mode (also called as Odin mode). For that press & hold volume down + power button + home button simultaneously until you see warning message on the screen. Then release all the buttons and press volume up button once to continue.
- Connect mobile to computer through USB cable.
- By that time launch Odin software on which you have installed earlier. After proper connection of mobile to computer, you will see that one of the ID: COM box turns turned blue. At the same time Added!! message will appear in Odin’s message box. If you don’t get such a message make sure that you have installed mobile drivers.
- Then click AP button and select .tar.md5 file. Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked.
- Don’t click anywhere else in the Odin.
- After doing everything properly, press Start button to flash the firmware in mobile. It will take 5-10 minutes for flashing the firmware on mobile. In this course don’t remove USB cable from the phone. And finally your phone will get rebooted automatically showing pass message in message box.
- However if you mobile get stuck or you get a fail message then exit the Odin, disconnect mobile from computer, remove battery and re-insert it and follow the above procedure again.
- Wait the procedure is not over. Switch off your mobile either by power button or removing the battery. Boot into recovery mode by pressing volume up + home button + power button simultaneously.
- You will land into recovery mode. (Note: Touch doesn’t work in the recovery mode. Use volume buttons for navigation.)
- Select wipe data/factory reset and then select wipe cache partitions. This will wipe all the data on mobile.
- Finally select reboot system now. Of course first boot will take more time than usual.
Well done! Your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is now running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Do let us know how it is working for you. If you have any doubts regarding the article, post them in the comment section. We will try to figure them out.
The following two tabs change content below.
Android Passionate. Likes to play with new electronic gadgets. You can follow him on Google+