Samsung has not yet announced Jelly Bean 4.1 update for their High end device Galaxy Note (neither for international nor network locked version). But they have promised to roll further ICS updates. By keeping their promise, AT&T has started rolling out ICS 4.0.4 firmware update for their Samsung Galaxy Note which is bearing SGH-I717 model number. ICS 4.0.4 (dubbed as UCLF6) is also rolled out on Samsung Kies & Over the Air (OTA) for AT&T Galaxy Note. So we at Android Legend have made a small article on how to update your AT&T Note With this build manually.
Let Us Go Through List of The Things We Will Be Checking In This Article :
- Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware.
- Procedure To Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 With Official ICS 4.0.4 UCLF6.
Disclaimer: We Have Made This Article Covering Each And Every Part At Our Level Best.In Case If Any Damage Happens to Your Device (It Should not Be), Neither We nor Samsung Electronics Ltd. will Be Held Responsible For It.
Essential Steps Before Updating Firmware:
- You Must Enable USB Debugging By Checking the Box in your device by Following the Path Below:
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- It will highly Recommended to Backup all Your data Stored in your phone So as to Restore it back just in case If You Lose or Corrupt the Data During this Process.
- Your Device Must be Charged up to 70% or Above Battery Level to Ensure that Your Device should not be Turned Off During this Process.
- It will be Recommended to Temporary Disable Security Tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as This might Interrupt the Process.
By Assuming that you have followed all the instructions mentioned above, You are Now Ready to move further Where We Will be Checking That how to apply ICS 4.0.4 UCLF6 Firmware Update in AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717.
Procedure To Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717 With ICS 4.0.4 UCLF6 :
- Firstly You Need To Download The Two Files Mentioned Below.
AT&T Galaxy Note SGH-I717 ICS 4.0.4 UCLF6 Package. | 673 MB
Odin Multi Downloader.
- ExtractGalaxy Note SGH-I717 ICS 4.0.4UCLF6 Package Files.Youll Find two files shown in the image below.
- Turn Off Your Phone & Now Enter Into The Downloading Mode.Downloading Mode Can Be Entered By Holding Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button Simultaneously.
- After Entering Into The Downloading Mode, Connect Your Phone To The Computer.
- Now Open Odin Multi Downloader Which You’ve Just Downloaded in Your Computer.By This Time ID:COM Section Should be Turned Blue.
- Select PDA Tab & Then Choose “I717UCLF6_I717ATTLF6_I717UCLF6_HOME.tar.md5” File.
- Initiate The Process By Pressing Start Button.
- Wait Until Process Overs (Flashing Process Will Be Done Within 5-6 Minutes). As Soon As Process Done, You will See That The ID:COM Section is Turned Green Giving “Pass” Message.
- After Getting “Pass” Message, Disconnect Your Phone From The PC.
- Again Switch Off Your Device.Now You Need To Enter Into The Recovery Mode. Recovery Can be Entered By Holding Volume Up + Volume down button + Power button Simultaneously. Now Press Menu Button To Grey Out The Screen and to Make Recovery Mode Finally Appear.
Note: In Recovery Mode, Touch Will Not Work, Therefore Use Volume Up & Down Keys And Menu Button Only.
- As Soon As You Enter Into The Recovery mode, Select Wipe Data/Factory Reset & Wipe Cache Partition.
- Now Simply Reboot Your Device By Pressing “reboot System Now“.
Congratulations !! You’ve Now Successfully Update Your Phone’s Firmware to Official ICS 4.0.4. In Case If You Land into The Trouble While Flashing This Firmware, Do Let us Know in Comments, we will be happy to help you on the same.
The following two tabs change content below.
Viraj was a former chief editor at Android Legend. He no longer works here. But no worries you can still get in touch with him via his Google+