New version of famous clockworkmod recovery is now available for International Samsung Galaxy S3 bearing model number GT-I9300. Thanks to developer Koushik Dutta who has made it possible. This version supports touch too. Therefore it will be easy for you to navigate functions of CWM. This new version can make ROM backup at 4-5X times faster than the other versions of CWM . This is not enough, it can also increment backup of the same ROM which can be around 15-20 MB in size. So let us begin with the installation of this latest version of CWM for Galaxy S3..
Disclaimer : The methods & procedures described here are risky. If you are not aware of the things discussed here, you should not attempt it. In case if any damage happened to your device while following this procedure, neither we nor developer of this ROM should be held responsible for it.
Please note that the guide mentioned here is compatible only with International Samsung Galaxy S3 which bears model number GT-I9300. Please don’t try it on any other device or it may result in hard bricked phone.
Essential Pre-Requisites Before Installing CWM on Galaxy S3 :
- Enable USB Debugging from the path mentioned below :
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
- It is highly recommended to backup all the data from phone memory (including apps, messages, contacts etc.) in case it gets lost during the process.
- Ensure that you’ve charged your device up to minimum 60 % battery level.
By assuming that you’ve followed all the steps mentioned above, you can now safely proceed to CWM installation procedure for Galaxy S3.
Procedure To Install Touch Clockworkmod Recovery 6 on Samsung Galaxy S3 :
- Download Clockworkmod Recovery 6 package for Galaxy S3 from the link given below :
- Touch CWM 6 for Galaxy S3
- Download Odin Multi Downloader 3.04 which we will require to flash Custom recovery package on your phone (above package).
- Odin Multi Downloader 3.04
- After downloading both the files, switch off your phone. You need to enter into downloading mode which can be achieved by holding & pressing Volume down button + Home Button + Power key. Now press volume Volume up Button to continue (Just ignore that message).
- Connect the phone to your PC by keeping it in downloading mode.
- After connecting to the PC, open Odin Multi Downloader which you’ve just downloaded.
- As soon as you open Odin, ID:COM section at the top left corner will turn yellow. If color of ID:COM section doesn’t turn yellow then you need to install essential drivers for your phone. Either install them by installing kies software (From the CD which was packed with the box at the time of purchase) or download the drivers manually from the link given below
- Samsung Drivers for Windows x86 (32 bit)
- Samsung Drivers for Windows x64 (64 bit)
- In Odin, Select PDA tab & choose CWM Package file (recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-i9300.tar).
- Don’t change any settings in odin. Keep them as it is.
- Now initiate the process of flashing Custom Recovery by pressing Start button present in Odin.
- As soon as process gets over, same ID:COM section will turn Green by holding message Pass.
Note: If Odin gets stuck at any time between the process or doesn’t do anything, close Odin Multi Downloader, disconnect the phone from PC. Remove the battery, reinsert it. Again enter into downloading mode & follow the same procedure.
- Disconnect the phone from Computer.
- To verify installation of CWM, simply enter into recovery mode. The same can be entered by switching off the device, pressing & holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key. After getting into the recovery, Clockworkmod will be written at the top of the screen.
Touch Clockworkmod Recovery v6 is now installed on your phone. Do let us know in comments how it’s working for you.