The most awaited ROM is here and its especially for Galaxy Y GT-S5360. We proudly present before you JellyBlast v3, the most popular, smoothest and beyond smart Jelly Bean themed ROM for Galaxy Y. JBV3 is the best version of JellyBlast yet with improved and customizable new features. It comes with Swipable and actionable notifications which always let you stay notified and connected. The homescreens in JBV3 are more content rich and customizable where you can not only add shortcuts but also can embed live application content directly through interactive widgets. Word corrections and errors have been removed in the new improved soft keyboard of JBV3 so that you can type text input faster and accurate. Due to the new type face optimized for high resolution screen brings a polished, modern feel to the user interface. JB lets you navigate with simple, intuitive gestures.
- Based on DDLF1 & compatible with any version
- Dark Jelly Bean themed
- Each and every icon fine tuned to look like Jelly Bean
- New task manager
- Added swipe to clear notifications on status bar
- Roboto as system font
- New Jelly Bean status bar and notification panel
- New music app based on stock Touchwiz which contains DSP equalizer support
- Awesome new lockscreens
- OTA feature added so that you can update the ROM automatically from OTA upgrades in the settings menu
- Totally revamped settings menu with new controls:
- status bar control,
- lockscreen control,
- sound effect control, and
- quick toggles control
- New Jelly Bean digital clock, analog clock, and search bar
- New Jelly Bean smart keyboard
- Extended power menu
- Zero delay root access
- New Kuro Kernel which takes its best possible methods in increasing your battery power
- Added CPU control feature for high performance
- CRT animation added in lockscreen along with some other Jelly Bean superfast animations
- Added holo launcher and stock touchwiz launcher
- Full screen caller mode
- Sony Bravia Engine added
- Net speed tweaks
- New bootanimation
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damage caused to your device while flashing the ROM. Although it is very rare that your device will be damaged but still you must follow all the stepwise instructions given below.
Compatibility: This guide is compatible only and only with Galaxy Y model number S5360. So dont even think of flashing if youre having another device except the one mentioned as it may brick your device. You can check your device model in Settings -> About Phone.
- Firstly enable USB Debugging in your device by the path given below:
- Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging
- Make sure that your device is charged at least up to 80% so that it wont get turn off during the process.
- Also you must backup all your important data including contacts, messages, internet APNs etc. so that in case you face any problem during the process your data will be safe and protected.
- You must temporary disable all the security tools as well as Antivirus Installed on your Computer as they might interrupt the process.
- It is recommended to have custom recovery like CWM installed in your device in order to flash it with Jelly blast Custom ROM.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y with Jelly blast Custom ROM:
- Download the JELLY BLAST ROM from the given link below:
- Download Google Apps (Gmail, Maps, Play Store etc.) from the link given below.
- After downloading, connect your device to the PC, enable mass storage mode and transfer these files in the memory card. Ensure that you are not placing them in the deep directories.
- Once this is done switch off your device and enter into the recovery mode. Recovery mode can be entered by holding Volume Up + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously until the recovery mode appears. (In Recovery mode use Volume Up and Down key for navigation and Home Button for selection).
- You should make a nandroid backup of your current ROM so that it can be restored back in case of failure. To do so, highlight backup and restore option in the recovery menu, select it and then choose backup to start the backup process.
- Now Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition to wipe the data and catches respectively from the phone memory.
- Select install zip from SD card & then choose zip from SD card. It will show all your folders and files on SD card. Now simply select the Jelly blast ROM which you have just downloaded and confirm the installation by pressing Yes.
- ROM installation process will complete in just a few minutes. Now as soon as Jelly blast ROM gets flashed, again select ‘wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache partition and restart your device by pressing reboot system now from the Recovery mode itself.
- You can flash the Google Apps by the same procedure given above.
- It will take more time to restart than usual.
Note: If you want to restore back your previous Rom you can do that by simply going back to the Recovery mode and select Backup and Restore option and then on next screen select Restore.
And yeahh..! After restarting you will see your device successfully running on Jelly blast Custom ROM. If you face any difficulty during flashing the ROM then please dont hesitate to contact us in the comment section below. We will try our best to clear them.
Latest posts by Abhijeet Bharekar (see all)
- Sony Xperia Arc gets Android 4.4.2 KitKat update via Carbon ROM - February 27, 2014
- Sony Live with Walkman Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update now Available via Carbon ROM - February 22, 2014
- Update Galaxy Ace Plus S7500 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat via SpeedMod ROM - February 10, 2014