Samsung released Galaxy Grand Duos earlier this year. And as expected, within a few days it becomes popular among the people due to its eye-catchy features. Since this device is running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, Samsung has decided to upgrade it to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. But as per the sources, it is unlikely to receive Android 5.0 update.
Well, still you have a choice of custom ROM to get any update unofficially. For that you will need a custom recovery. And clockworkmod recovery is undoubtedly a best choice for you. Moreover this is a touch enabled recovery unlike the previous ones.
Clockworkmod recovery enables us to flash the custom ROM on mobile as well as opens the door for other hacks like you can take a backup of firmware or any other custom ROM, restore this backup and can perform other advance operations.
Go ahead to install Clockworkmod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 with the help of few simple steps.
Disclaimer: The given article is considered as risky and cause damage to your mobile. It is recommended that you should not go for it if you are unaware of all these things. Read the article completely before implementing steps. We or developers cannot be held responsible for any damage cause to your mobile after implementing these steps.
This Clockworkmod recovery is compiled only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos having model number I9082. Dont try to flash it on any other device in order to avoid any unwanted results.
- As it takes a bit time for installation, it is better that mobile must be charged at least up to 70% so that interruption will not occur.
- It is highly recommended that you should take a backup of all your personal important data including SMS, MMS, APN, contacts etc. to the external memory since it gets wiped during installation.
- Don’t forget to install mobile drivers on your computer.
- (Important) Your device must be rooted.
Procedure to flash Clockworkmod recovery on Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082:
- First download Clockworkmod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 from official downloading page.
- Click here to download.
- Also download Odin3 v.07 on your computer and install it. Odin is a tool through which we are flashing the Clockworkmod Recovery.
- Click here to download.
Now switch off your mobile and try to boot it into downloading mode. This is achieved by pressing & holding volume down + power button +home button simultaneously until the mobile shows Downloading message.
Next steps is to flash CWM on phone. So connect your mobile in this downloading mode to computer via USB cable. By that time Open Odin3 which you have installed earlier. You will get Added message in Odin’s message box
You will also see that one of your ID:COM section is turned blue or green.
If this doesn’t happen, make sure that you have installed proper drivers on your computer.
Click PDA button and select CWM-touch_i9082_chotu.tar.md5 file which you have extracted.
Ensure that Auto-Reboot and F.Resest Time is checked. Make sure that you havent clicked anywhere else.
Finally click o Start button to execute installation. It will take few mintes for installation and in the end your phone gets rebooted automatically showing pass message in Odin’s message box.
- However, it might happen that due to some reason phone gets stuck and the fail message will appear in Odins message box. In that case disconnect mobile, remove and re-insert battery and then repeat the above procedure again.
That’s it! Clockworkmod recovery is now installed in your Samsung Galaxy grand I9082. Share your views regarding recovery and article.
Tip: For booting into recovery mode, switch off your mobile and then press and hold volume up + power button + home button simultaneously until you boot into recovery mode. You can take nandroid backup by selecting backup & restore and then backup.
The following two tabs change content below.
Android Passionate. Likes to play with new electronic gadgets. You can follow him on Google+